• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

anyone know anything about this antanna

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Transmits on 144/440 MHz and is terminated in a UHF connector."

The description is inherently contradictory, which leads the discerning buyer to suspect it is entirely fake, fabricated, and fraudulent.

i m not very good at building antennas was looking for an all band hf to put outside my window i m here 2 weeks for work and one at home i want to keep on dxing here the pixel and windbrook are expensive i just want a good lopp or other antenna

jwt873

Premium Subscriber
As jonwienke points out, it looks like it's just a dual band (144/440) ham antenna. Will it receive down to 500 Khz? Sure it will. But it will be horribly bad :)

It's only 3.5 feet long.. There's really not enough there for decent reception on HF frequencies. But for the Aircraft band (118 Mhz) and up, it will probably be adequate.

Edit.. I just looked again and see the price is $212 dollars US and the shipping is $58 US (For a grand total of $220.00) . That's nuts.. Do not buy this antenna!

Last edited:

eaf1956

Premium Subscriber
As jonwienke points out, it looks like it's just a dual band (144/440) ham antenna. Will it receive down to 500 Khz? Sure it will. But it will be horribly bad :)

It's only 3.5 feet long.. There's really not enough there for decent reception on HF frequencies. But for the Aircraft band (118 Mhz) and up, it will probably be adequate.

Edit.. I just looked again and see the price is $212 dollars US and the shipping is $58 US (For a grand total of $220.00) . That's nuts.. Do not buy this antenna!
I agree a small 2m 440 antenna and it is not worth the price.

wtp

i would say NO

, unless the item is handmade or was packaged by the manufacturer in non-retail packaging, such as an unprinted box or plastic bag.

my first guess is that it would be in a plastic bag. nothing like quality !

I've already got one of those wideband all mode non-directional high power antennas with low VSWR - it's called a dummy load and works really well for about 10 feet if I take the screening can off...... :)

mrkelso

Premium Subscriber
Status
Not open for further replies.