• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Anyone Know How To Program Quick Call 2 in Motorola HT1550xls PC Software??

Status
Not open for further replies.

idle00955

I have a motorola ht1550xls and need some help programming the quick call feature on the radio. I want to have many fire pager tones on the one mutal aid freq for merrimack county. However the software kind of only lets me make four quick call 2s. SO that means one group of tones for each quick call 2. However when I go into the freq and set it as quick call 2 for recieve I can only choose one of the quick call 2s and that mean only one towns fire pager tone. So I want to have four tones for the one Freq. Any one shed some light on this?

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Thread Moved

Hopefully you will get more information in the Motorola forum.

n2hbx

Premium Subscriber
Multiple Paging

Offhand, I would say that the radio is not capable of decoding multiple QCII's on a single frequency. I would have to dig into the CPS and check, but I'm pretty sure it won't. I sort of have a similar complaint with the 1550 in that it won't do Multiple PL.

My guess is the only way you're going to be able to do this is program the frequency into 4 channels, each one decoding a single QCII sequence. Put them all together as 1 Zone and give them a dedicated Scan List. The Alpha Tag will tell you which one is getting toned out when the scan stops on that channel.

Larry

N0BDW

Offhand, I would say that the radio is not capable of decoding multiple QCII's on a single frequency. I would have to dig into the CPS and check, but I'm pretty sure it won't. I sort of have a similar complaint with the 1550 in that it won't do Multiple PL.

My guess is the only way you're going to be able to do this is program the frequency into 4 channels, each one decoding a single QCII sequence. Put them all together as 1 Zone and give them a dedicated Scan List. The Alpha Tag will tell you which one is getting toned out when the scan stops on that channel.

Larry

Sorry to bump an old thread, but this is relevant. I'm trying to do exactly as you described, except with an HT750.

I have three sets of tones that I need to program:
Fire
Secondary Ambulance
Primary (on duty) Ambulance

So I programmed 3 channels, all on the same (dispatch) frequency:

1 - Fire
2 - 2nd Ambulance
3 - Duty Ambulance

I only want to be alerted to the duty ambulance if I'm on duty, but I want to get fire calls all the time. And then the 2nd ambulance is in the middle.

I have it setup so that channel 2 automatically activates scan list 1 which contains channels 1 and 2. Channel 3 is setup to automatically activate scan list 2, which contains channels 1, 2 and 3. Channel 1 does not activate a scan list.

In theory I should be able to set the radio so on:
ch1 - only fire calls
ch2 - fire & 2nd ambulance calls
ch 3 - everything... fire, 2nd ambulance, and duty ambulance

In practice, channels 2 and 3 never alert. Channel 1 works perfectly.

CommJunkie

The issue is usually because during scan, the radio does not always hear the entire tone. By the time it lands on that particular channel, it may only hear the second tone, which won't trip the alert. Also, if the channel it's listening on isn't the priority channel, the scan will check the priority channel at whatever interval you have set, resulting in a "broken" tone sequence that it will disregard as not matching the programmed sequence.

Status
Not open for further replies.