Anyone know where Buena (Atlantic County) PD went?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigOldCar

Hey, gang:

As those of you in West Atlantic County / Cumberland County / Gloucester County may know, Buena entered into an agreement to have Gloucester County provide dispatch services to it. The changes began on Nov. 26, when all the PD calls started addressing Dispatch as "Gloucester County," but apparently on or about Saturday, Dec. 18, they moved off their old frequency of 155.2500 to parts unknown, because that frequency has gone silent.

Does anyone know where Buena moved to? I know that many or most Gloucester County frequencies are in the 508 range, but searching the 507-510mhz area hasn't turned it up for me.

(Also, if anyone knows Newfield's frequency, that'd be great too.)

BigOldCar

Oops, nevermind!

Buena is still right there at 155.2500. The last couple days must just have been real slow, because after I posted (naturally) I finally heard a call there. Sorry about that.

Cold weather must be keeping everyone indoors and out of trouble.

But I'd still love to know where on the band Newfield lives.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Yea I heard that too. Thought it was a birdie in my radio. Seemed to coincide with when 154.43 (Camco Fire Dispatch) keyed up but maybe i'm wrong. Do you have a CTCSS code for it?

kennyloatman

Premium Subscriber
Buena

CTCSS of 118.8 is what my search is getting a hit on. It also knocked out the open carrier. Still getting the very infrequent police traffic [talks of faxing warrants from Cumberland Co. Sheriffs Dept. just in from Charlie 3 ] but they don't say much.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Cool. Yea most of the traffic is probably going to be accidents on 54 and raids at night. Oh and btw Newfield is on Gloucester county Zone 4 PD dispatch (507.4375). Newfield is district 20

BigOldCar

Thanks, PF. Most Buena talk is checking the credentials of speeders whizzing through on Rt. 40. The 40/54 intersection has some accidents, but fewer than you'd expect--most of the action involves Rt. 40. Most anything happening on Rt. 54 is caught by the Staties, who are just a few miles up the road. Occasionally someone will burglarize a building under construction (stealing copper), and thieves often target the Padre Pio shrine. When that happens, Buena frequently gets an assist from Newfield and the NJSP.

I'll have to keep a listen out for District 20. Not often much to hear--as slow as Buena is, it's a veritable metropolis in comparison with Newfield.

kennyloatman

Premium Subscriber
Buena

The Buena dispatch from Gloucester county[ 155.25] went from being one of my most inactive channels to one my most active channels since yesterday [1-1-11]. Constant chatter of car stops, look-ups and responding to alarms all day. I am figuring final switch over must have came with the beginning of the year .

Status
Not open for further replies.