Anyone listening to MCSO last night @ about 10:45?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scankid2591

Chase last night in Marina area in Monterey County. From about 10:30... 10-33 lifted at 10:57.
  • MCSO Unit chasing white Ford Expedition
  • CHP advised for aid
  • Marina DPS, Seaside PD, and CSUMB Campus Police advised
  • Possible shots fired from car...
  • Black man with dark clothing and cornrows crashed and bailed, took off towards the ocean in the brush
  • 10-33 in effect
  • CHP H70 dispatched, unknown ETA (H70 is based in Paso Robles)
  • MCSO K9, Salinas Police K9, and Marina DPS thermal camera dispatched to scene
  • Somehow made it past the Sheriff's perimeter that had been set up
  • Then seen again at the main entrance of Fort Ord heading into the barracks in the brush
  • CSUMB Campus Police in foot pursuit with possible suspect
  • Suspect in custody at the back of the Old Police building in the trees
  • 10-33 lifted at 10:57
That would've been cool to see on COPS :wink:

Anyone else listen in?

scankid2591

Oh yeah... hear the siren screaming and those V-8's roaring in the background... Which channel were you tuned into? Did you listen to anyone else covering it? (I.E. Marina DPS, CHP, CSUMB PD?)

scankid2591

Did you catch that other chase on CHP Monterey yesterday... 152 @ 156... didn't get much details... Caught the tail-end of the transmission...

At 6:00 last night I saw a chipper going all out on Hwy. 68 going towards Monterey... (I saw him while driving inbetween the Spreckels Blvd. and River/Reservation Rd. Exits) Any idea about what that was about?

screxer

scankid2591 said:
Oh yeah... hear the siren screaming and those V-8's roaring in the background... Which channel were you tuned into? Did you listen to anyone else covering it? (I.E. Marina DPS, CHP, CSUMB PD?)

I heard the stuff on Seaside PD and Monterey SO primary if I remember correctly.

scankid2591

Hmm... I can't pick up Seaside PD from out here in the fields near Spreckels... The farthest I can get from it is at the Starbuck's, ARCO, Jack In The Box, etc. at Canyon Del Rey Rd. @ Hwy. 68 near KMRY.

screxer

Really? I live in Watsonville and I can pick up Monterey PD (a little scratchy), Seaside PD, Monterey SO, all Salinas PD, Morgan Hill, Gilroy, Santa Clara SO, most of the the San Jose PD, and everything in Santa Cruz County.

scankid2591

screxer said:
Really? I live in Watsonville and I can pick up Monterey PD (a little scratchy), Seaside PD, Monterey SO, all Salinas PD, Morgan Hill, Gilroy, Santa Clara SO, most of the the San Jose PD, and everything in Santa Cruz County.

I can pick up all of Santa Cruz County (a little scratchy), most Santa Clara stuff (exclude CHP and San Jose City channels), and of course most Monterey County stuff... Excluding Monterey/DRO PD, Seaside PD, and Big Sur FD... Yet, I can pick up PG PD... Strange, huh?

screxer

haha! that IS weird....but I know what you mean, I can pick up Santa Cruz PD, Seaside PD, and Santa Clara SO all loud and clear, but have trouble picking up Scotts Valley or Capitola...probably just because they are small agencies without the need for a high power transmitter or something.

scankid2591

I can pick up Salinas PD all the way into the Prunetucky/Watsonville area crystal clear... I have a Grundig S350 FM/AM/SW/SW2/SW3 radio with a 40" antenna on it... I can pick up 97.3 ALICE (from San Francisco!!!) (an FM radio station), yet I can't pick up Monterey/DRO PD with my 3 ft. antenna for something right over the hill from my house... Heck, I can't even pick up Marina DPS!!! I can SEE Marina from my house out here near Spreckels! LOL :D

screxer

HAHA! yeah, I can pick up Monterey and Seaside with my Diamond RH77CA handheld antenna, but I have trouble getting Capitola from Watsonville using my Scantenna on a 20 foot mast!!

scankid2591 said:
Hmm... I can't pick up Seaside PD from out here in the fields near Spreckels... The farthest I can get from it is at the Starbuck's, ARCO, Jack In The Box, etc. at Canyon Del Rey Rd. @ Hwy. 68 near KMRY.

yeah out here in the Valley can't up anything with a stock antenna. I can pick up PD's on the coast with my Diamond D-130J they don't come in 100% clear but I can hear them. I remember they couldn't talk to dispatch when they were call out to Salinas for mutual aid when the Raiders fans went crazy on North Main.

Also I think it has to deal with the way the repaters antenna's are setup. I know they are on Mont Toro facing away from the Valley.

you can check out pic's of one the towers don't know if those are PD's or not

http://aldebaran.armory.com/~zenomt/pictures/2003-05-10-toro/

Last edited:

scankid2591

ScannerDude244 said:
yeah out here in the Valley can't up anything with a stock antenna. I can pick up PD's on the coast with my Diamond D-130J they don't come in 100% clear but I can hear them. I remember they couldn't talk to dispatch when they were call out to Salinas for mutual aid when the Raiders fans went crazy on North Main.

Also I think it has to deal with the way the repaters antenna's are setup. I know they are on Mont Toro facing away from the Valley.

you can check out pic's of one the towers don't know if those are PD's or not

http://aldebaran.armory.com/~zenomt/...03-05-10-toro/

I've always wanted to go up on top of the mountain to see those repeaters... They're used by to Sheriffs, CHP, Fire-Red, and Fire-Gold...

Status
Not open for further replies.