• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Anyone out there using a G4/G5 with firmware 1.2 for a feed here? Echo in transmissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaveJam

Feed Provider
Hi all..

I've been using two G4's for two of my feeds here and all has been well up until the newest firmware (1.2). I had no problems installing the firmware but now I get an echo in the very beginning of each new transmission. Its kind of faint but you'll here the first couple words, then those same words again but loud and normal. The remainder of the transmission sounds ok. I see in the release notes that they did something to help relieve the popping noise from the amplified speaker and I wonder if thats got something to do with it. Anyone else have a feed that I can listen to? Mine is: https://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/9809

My next question is, can I downgrade the firmware? If so, where do I get it?

Thanks.

N6ML

I've been using two G4's for two of my feeds here and all has been well up until the newest firmware (1.2). I had no problems installing the firmware but now I get an echo in the very beginning of each new transmission. Its kind of faint but you'll here the first couple words, then those same words again but loud and normal. The remainder of the transmission sounds ok.

Echo issue has been discussed in another thread. There's a possible workaround noted in https://forums.radioreference.com/t...mware-1-2-released.384633/page-7#post-3090027

cryppie

I have a G5 feed that you can hear here. Very annoying. I've noticed not only is there a faint voice at the beginning of the transmission but it cuts off the end of the transmission at times. I would also like to find the previous firmware.

N6ML

Could someone experiencing the echo please share a PPS profile (noting which knob position exhibits the problem) and, if possible, make a video showing it?

cryppie

Could someone experiencing the echo please share a PPS profile (noting which knob position exhibits the problem) and, if possible, make a video showing it?

I have not downgraded to 1.10 yet so you can point them to my feed at http://scannerfeed.asuscomm.com:10000/ for an example. It won't take long to hear it. I updated the firmware around 12:30am on 3/3. That feed page should show all recorded files back to 2016 so you can compare before and after by listening to any file from 3/2 and compare to any file after 12:30am on 3/3. After 3/3 you'll hear the faint voice before the actual transmission and you'll also hear the end of the transmission being cut off. If you don't see the files try another browser (chrome or firefox work best).

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
I turned off voice buffering even though PPS tells you not to, the 1st part of transmissions will be cut off, I haven't had that happen. It still has the echo going, but not nearly as often as with voice buffering enabled. I have the first knob set with 64 Talk-groups, very, very busy, you can imagine the confusion with a pre-echo sound coming in right after the last transmission ended. It's maddening. ONE thing I noticed from the prior firmware, my System/SITES RSSI dBm was showing -103 to -105 all the time. AFTER the 1.20 firmware ... the same SITE shows -90 dBm in the DIAGNOSTICS setting on the G5. Don't know what that means, but it's a difference that makes me wonder why? what the deal is? now that this echo of a transmission coming in CAN be heard. Maybe this is all on purpose for another upcoming feature? who knows?
Even though some say turning off voice buffering doesn't work? I have better listening without it right now.

hddude

I downloaded the latest firmware and not only do i have the echo out of the amplified speaker but my screen randomly switches between the alias and the talk group number. Neither of witch happened before the upgrade .

WaveJam

Feed Provider
Any update from Unication regarding a possible fix for the echo bug? Has it made it to beta testing yet?

From Unication on 4/5/2019:
There is no release date for the next version at this time. Engineering is still working on new features and that issue. If the echo is a huge issue, you can go back to version 1.1 which did not have the issue

Status
Not open for further replies.