• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Anyone play GTA V for the PC?

poltergeisty

Deep Thinker
It looks like I need an Xbox controller. For a while I was using the keyboard and mouse until I got to that mission with the nutty dude and had to fly. Couldn't do it. So I'm wondering if a wireless Xbox controller that uses Bluetooth will in fact work with my PC?

N2AL

I use my wired Xbox360 controller for GTA V on my PC. It works A LOT better than just using the keyboard.
I am unsure if you can use a wireless Xbox controller straight to your PC without a wireless adaptor, but when I checked into it, I did not believe that I could. I could be mistaken, but there was a reason I had to buy the wired remote.

N2AL

I had to go your route, and I installed a driver for my controller to make my remote function with my Mac/PC (BootCamp). It had worked great!

N4CYA

When I played GTA V I played with the PS4 controller works really well.

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
I use a wireless xbox one controller, came with a usb receiver, works great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

poltergeisty

Deep Thinker
Got my wired Madcatz Xbox controller a couple days ago. Plugged it in and it needed a damn driver. Unreal! So through some research I found out that I needed the asinine Xbox driver from M$'s website. Installed that and still no identification. Did some more research and found out I had to select a hardware device through the process of picking a driver in Device manager. After all that crap my controller finally worked with the game. Now I just got to get used to it.

This Madcatz controller feels pretty solid and it also vibrates. The last Madcatz controller I ever bought was for PS2 many years ago.

poltergeisty

Deep Thinker
Finally was able to fly in this thing. Heck of a lot better than a keyboard. I'm about 22% in and playing that character that lives in a doldrums trailer.

I wanted to check my stocks so I went into the city and couldn't get into that dude's house. LOL Was gated off.

poltergeisty

Deep Thinker
Question for those that play GTA V: I hear on occasion a loud boom mostly when I'm in a safe house so I don't know what it is. What in the world is it? I'm thinking a plane crashed or something.

That Trevor character is funny as all hell.