• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Anyone successful in ridding this burst on ht1250s?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I am aware of the repeaters turn off code, pl settings, and lower end motorola repeaters. This issue is common when newer radios equipped with a active key loaded ucm or mace key transmitting in analog clear using post mdc data will emit a nasty burst if mdc is not muted and in any case muted will emit a slight burst still prior to the pl reverse shift taking over voiding the tail. In past other models we have been successful in voiding this dragged out burst in the recieving radios that are icom p25, kenwood p25, apx, xts radios by simply enabling mdc and muting the data. Keeping in mind the xts and apx don't have any problem muting this when muting is enabled receiving. Even the mts and ht1000 we were able to mute this burst after the mdc data is sent by adjusting the dos settings and enabling muting. Only one we have had issue that won't mute the dragged out burst and slight burst is the ht750, ht1250 and 1550s, cdm models. I will attach a clip. Notice you will hear this, keyup>mdc muting data>burst from mdc data> pl reverse shift. Anyone who has found way to void it I would like to see your settings on the ht750, 1250, 1550 and cdm. Trust me I have tried everything I believe and come to conclusion to rid it isn't possible as it is the transmitting radios themself having turn off code not checked or repeater settings itself which the other entity just throws things out as long as they have voice they don't care. The xts, apx, icoms have no issue muting it at all both portables and mobiles. Since it isn't our repeater talking to a know it all overpaid computer IT over it all in that town yields deaf ears.

Sample of the audio recieving from a ht1250, with mdc muting, pl.

Vocaroo | Voice message

SCPD

QRT
I bet the system sounds great and works great for the users it was designed for with the equipment it was designed operate with.

Not sure if your implying joke about them or our end. They have it worse as the computer tech they been thrown to handle it has no concept of mdc muting so they get the full burst. In reality they consider themself digital running analog 12.5. And to stray the firmware questions everything our end is up to date on the xts and apx ends as well as other models used including the waris equipment to the final firmware released. For laughs I will add a sample of what they hear day in day out 24/7 at the concsole and in ear kits. If you think that is bad imagine a fire department who must landline in as your lucky to get 50 percent of the repeater traffic. Most of them stick to direct simplex since they are so small but they are far from being sounding great as few have inquired why do our portables have better coverage then they do with no pops and bursts along with squawks with loud bursts. I'll shoot the unmuted mdc audio file here in while and add it. Not sure if you are implying me to be a bone head Joe but your far from it making that assumption unless your making joke of them.

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
Your comments are difficult to read and follow. I suggest the usage of paragraph breaks to make it easier to read.

I think you should use the term "override" rather than "over void" which is simply bad English.

But here's the answer: MDC muting mutes MDC. It does not mute non-MDC data because it's not designed to do that.

Some radios have a data mute feature but in general terms that data to be muted has to be data of a kind
that the radio can actually use for signalling purposes.

I would not expect, for example, that an MDC radio with no P25 capabilities would be able to mute P25 data of any sort.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
No I am not joking a system setup by a skilled tech with the proper radio equipment will work as designed adding non compliant radios in the system will give a undesirable results. Setting up the proper equipment as described in the service manuals will give you the desired results. I would say your company hire or send some to school to become a qualified service tech with the proper equipment so the system is setup and does not interfere with others in the area.

SCPD

QRT
Admin close this thread.

Did not post to get assumption or slander of going back to school from a scanner user. The thread will go off topic and has already.

I believe Elroy has hit nail on head in some aspect and only one being helpful. The other guy has no clue other then slandering.

To make it clear, that town use to use ht1250s before moving up to new equipment. The admin retired and a computer tech was appointed his job duties then got XTS equipment. FWIW our system, and any we interop with HAS NO issue with any of our higher end equipment or vice versa.

Volunteers brought in a box full of older equipment and we got thrown the job of getting it setup for them. The only issue was the burst the volunteers came back on.

While we explained older equipment may not perform as newer they wanted the issue if possible to be gone.

Our system uses nothing but APX and XTS in analog with few users only on digital which is encrypted nobody else needs to access. The rest analog. We have no issues with the squelch burst after the mdc data which is not a PL or tail on any of these or the ht1250s using our system have no issue or burst. The ht1250s and 1550s do not give the issue on our system or any others in the area. Just the rink o dink entity doing everything backwards. To solve the issue we adjusted in older equipment the volunteers use such as the mts and ht1000s in the DOS settings to mute the burst (not the mdc burst many assume but a actual squelch burst). Only radios that did not do this in the DOS settings was the waris series radios with mdc muted. While I reccomended they upgrade they cannot afford it. So we tried to help them and I figured I would ask if anyone knew a way to mute the burst that follows mdc 1200. Not a tail or squelch pl issue. They will just have to live with it. Only that town has the issue nobody else but since we deal with person similiar to the one here know it all and csn only provide remarks we found a solution for the ones using older equipment. If it were up to me it all would be completely AES and digital which we are moving to. I'm working on that to convince others get with times. My opinion the "computer tech" needs to fired and go back to his computer networking but that is not our county, town or call just unfortunately stuck next to them just down road across the county line.

Any how admin close this thread and I should have known better to ask when there is always one who uses the forums for argument purposes to get rocks off.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Sorry I came off but it was the explained in plain english as to understand. I am also a twoway radio tech for our city as I also work for the city and worked part time for the radio shop before doing other work. I do the city's work with the blessing of out local twoway shop. It is a long story but we buy the equipment from him I set it up. Again I was only trying to tell you it is not best to mix equipment on systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.