Anyone use a 996P2 to stream online feeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick223

Feed Provider
I have several 996p2s streaming feeds online using the ext speaker port and the audio just goes in and out quiet some days louder then others. Tried new audio cables. Depending how I move the cable plug in around while it’s plugged in the back port of the scanner changes audio quality but it never stays decent always get quiet after awhile until I fool with the cable connection in the back of the radio. I don’t really want to use the other port on back since these are used just to stream to Broadcastify. I’ve tried the front headphone jack and it’s too choppy. Never have issues with 15x or 996xt scanners before. Does anyone have any tips or tricks how to get good audio out of a 996p2

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
I used the REC out jack when I streamed to Broadcastify. Still do with my private stream. Works fine.

nick223

Feed Provider
Doesn’t record out play through the stream and out load through the speaker? I need these to just stream silent.

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
The stream has audio, regardless of where I have the volume on the speaker at. So I can listen, or not, and the stream will always get audio.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
The stream has audio, regardless of where I have the volume on the speaker at. So I can listen, or not, and the stream will always get audio.

As he said the REC Out is a LINE output and the Volume knob has no effect on it. You can turn it up to listen or down for silence. Another point being it is a constant level so you set your feed audio and it never changes with adjustments of Volume.

Note: Be sure to set REC on the talkgroups you want to broadcast. If you don't nothing will go out to the REC Out jack.

nick223

Feed Provider
As he said the REC Out is a LINE output and the Volume knob has no effect on it. You can turn it up to listen or down for silence. Another point being it is a constant level so you set your feed audio and it never changes with adjustments of Volume.

Note: Be sure to set REC on the talkgroups you want to broadcast. If you don't nothing will go out to the REC Out jack.

I don’t get your “note” so you have to select rec in the programming to get it to stream?

nick223

Feed Provider
So with selecting the rec box or select all in the program software. you can scan channels locally to listen to that won’t broadcast to the stream. Am I correct?

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
I feed our County 1, it has REC enabled..

I scan all the county talkgroups. I listen to all of them when i have the volume up.

My feed listeners only hear County 1, and nothing else.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

eaf1956

Feed Provider
So with selecting the rec box or select all in the program software. you can scan channels locally to listen to that won’t broadcast to the stream. Am I correct?

It will only broadcast the talk groups that have REC enabled when using the REC OUT jack. Using Proscan you can create a Broadcast Lockout text file that will prevent talk groups from being broadcast even with REC enabled.

nick223

Feed Provider
Thanks guys

im using rec out jack and so far so good. Might have to change all my feeds this way. I've been broadcasting for years and really never knew this existed as a feature. So awesome

NYRHKY94

Glad to hear it nick223. The REC out on the "older" Unidens is a great feature and very useful for feed providers (I'm using it on both mine - 15X & 996XT). Switching over to REC out on your other feeds would be a good idea in my opinion.

FYI - While I was disappointed Uniden removed the REC out from the BCD536HP, the Wifi feature of that radio produces the best feed audio of any method I've used to date. No cables means no hum, no noise pickup, no over driving sound, etc. Just crisp, clear audio all the time.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
If streaming text tags with the 996P2, it's recommended to use the rear DB-9 port because the front port will lose serial port communications whenever the computer reboots. Only way to restore the serial port data is to power cycle the scanner or reinsert the USB cable.

nick223

Feed Provider
Best opinion for splitting scanner audio to a feed and station overhead system. Right now I still have it in external speaker out to a 3.5 y splitter one goes to the sound card on a raspberry pi for the stream and the other is connected to the amplifier for the overhead speakers. I’m think record out is my best bet probably.

Or

Should I plug the stream into rec out and the overhead speakers into ext speaker out? I don’t think ext speaker out would be good since I’d have to have the volume up on the scanner to feed the overhead system correct?

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
Best opinion for splitting scanner audio to a feed and station overhead system. Right now I still have it in external speaker out to a 3.5 y splitter one goes to the sound card on a raspberry pi for the stream and the other is connected to the amplifier for the overhead speakers. I’m think record out is my best bet probably.

This, IMHO..

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
I would feed both from record out. Levels would be steady..

Status
Not open for further replies.