Anyone want to help work on some LTRs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
As the following systems have not been shown much love lately I think its time to put some effort into breaking them down. The very large multi site JES & Sons UHF LTR, and NexEDGE trunking system. Locations all over Marion County, sites in Johnson, Morgan, and Hendricks, Counties.... Most sites still analog LTR, but at least 2 that are have added, or converted to NXDN sites. The also quite large multi site J&K UHF LTR with sites in Marion, Madison, Henry, also primarily analog LTR, but alo some NXDN showing up. And the 2 Cardinal Wireless sytems, the VHF which is as far a I can tell, purely analog LTR, and the larger UHF system which is transitioning to NXDN, but still has ome analog LTR in use. This will be a lot harder and more challenging than the IDPS and SAFE-T systems in figuring out the proper line up of freqs at each site, and the proper LCNs.... As well as the annoying sites that have both LTR and NXDN in use as there will be digital bursts and the digital buzzing of NXDNs equivilant to an CC. So I am asking for as much help as possible on these systems... If interested in assisting me, let me know and I will give you an list of sites, and freqs associated with those sites. then we can start the proces of putting these into proper order.

Viper43

I may be able to, but it would be next month before I can do anything.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like a plan. This is an long term project as these are bigger systems... If you have DSD+ or the like, you can also work out the NexEDGE side of them. Also... Anyone in the Metro Indy area with BCD436/536HPs with the DMR add on,.. Or running an TRX-1/2... A little assistance with local systems would be awesome sauce! Especially the new IUPUI/IU Health MotoTRBO systems... and the upgraded School TRS.... :)

Viper43

Warren Twp is around the corner and blasts me out. I'm in NW Hancock Co. I hear all the DMR in Greenfield as it's only 5 miles away. I hear ERS on numerous sites, even Greensburg and Muncie.
I have DSD+ but it's a bit of a pain.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Yeah.. I need to get an mono audio cable to try to run DSD+ as trying to set up with stereo cable is not happening... Plus to do it trunking, you have to run multiple virtual cables to it and then also have SDR set up right etc..... Now that I am about to start my new job, I will see what shakes loose after a few paychecks.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Ahh the joys of LTRLogger by Eric Carlson. Works wonders with the BCD396XT!

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Its pretty cool as is most things he designs

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.