Anytone 778UV mobile dual-band radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

danesgs

I am considering buying this rig and only looking for a decent 25 watt radio. It seems to have decent reviews and of all the Chinese brands Anytone and Btech seem the best way to go. Yes I know save my dough and spend money on a Yaesu or ICOM but do not want to spend that much for all the bells and whistles. Anyone have this radio and can comment?

N9CWF

Feed Provider
This radio is manufactured by Qixiang and sold by Retevis, Anytone and Midland (yes, Midland). In fact the best price is from Midland direct when they offer an online 15% coupon. Be sure to buy the programming cable.

There is free programming software from Midland. It's ok. Does the job, but is missing features like Repeater Book import. RT Systems offers software for the Anytone version. The RT software will not work with the other versions of the radio. The free Anyone software will not work with the Midland, either, So there must be some differences in the firmware between the three.

The radio seems well made. Has excellent sounding receive audio - but it's not very loud in mobile situations. There is a tiny speaker in the microphone. The display is tiny but very bright, colorful and readable.

I bought it for my gobox radio. If it gets lost or stolen I won't cry as much as if it was my Yaesu 400...

A co worker just installed the Anytone in his Jeep. It's holding up on the trails.

For a simple, easy to use and program, basic dual band mobile, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Does this radio have scan "banks" as does the Yeasu FT-8800? I'm thinking about replacing the Yeasu with something newer, but need to be able to break down scanned channels into banks.

kn4mjc

Help...I have a new at-778uv
Turned it on and hit a panel button by error and the display flipped
Looking for help to fix it so I can use the radio.
Thanks for listening.
Philip

Status
Not open for further replies.