• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Anytone AT-D868

Status
Not open for further replies.

1enry1

thanks to all....

if a a new radio and update, in how mode with the keyborad in the VFO mode i set "temporanealy" an number for an TG "no" in my codeplug ?

1enry1

??? NONE use thi very amazing feature to put with the keyboard an a new TG (talk group) "on the fly" ?

LeEik

To call a group just use the "Private Call" feature where you call a private contact ID directly. Prepend the group ID with the '#' key.

In other words:
1. Go go Menu / Contacts / Manual Dial
2. In the dialog press # key
3. See it switched to "Group ID"
4. Enter the Group ID and press PTT.

1enry1

thanks LeEik !

in the new update 2.30 FW i read :

Below are the user friendly operations in D868UV

1. Allow mix the digital mode and monitor mode in RX.
2. Single slot/double slot digital monitor set up
3. Allow set up the audio pitch to get more suitable audio during DMR
communication.
4. Allow response to the last caller with a programmed key.
5. Allow send the recording to the other user or group.
6. Allow get the remotely GPS positioning information, it is useful
especially in outdoor team touring.
7. Headset volume set up to avoid the loud volume heart the ear.

what are this new features tell to me in simply mode ? tnx ....

1enry1

HELP ME.....

in how mode :

1) i inverted in the display the Call with the name (now the call is red and little ) !

2) delete the screen at the end of conversation END CALL .

3) why i press the function key programmed SCAN it not start the scan, where is
the problem ?

1enry1

After the Update FW 2,30 of june ….

V1.31 and FW V2.31 Improvements (updated 2018-7-14)

1. In CPS->Optional Setting->Power-on, add the Default Startup Channel and zone, it will allow you
choose a startup channel, every time when you power on the radio, you will be at the start up
channel.

2. Menu->Settings->Chan Set, add Select Contact, allow to choose a Contact and save the changes
to channel.

3. Allow create a new channel on radio or delete an existing channel . Operation as below.
Create a new channel: Hold pressing MENU key, until the LCD display “Next Please Press Dial Key”,
press P1 key, the radio will enter into new channel setup.
Delete an existing channel: Turn to the channel firstly, hold pressing MENU key, until the LCD
display “Next Please Press Dial Key”, press P2 key, the radio will allow deleting the channel.

73 de IW2BSF Rudy

raylinke

I read through this entire thread concerning problems with OpenSpot but didn’t see any solutions. I have a new 868 running V2.30. OpenSpot parrot (9998) works fine but otherwise can only receive BM network. My transmission never hits the network. Also have an MD380 which works fine through the OpenSpot. Any suggestions?
Ray - K2DEE

StefanMiller

Any experiences with 5 tone?

I need the following:

1. RX always open (in analog mode)
2. two different 5 tone sequences which can be choosed i.e. on Channel 1 (11111 and 22222)

I programmed in Analog Address Book the 2 sequences as 2 numbers (1=11111 and 2=22222).
I programmed under Analog-> 5 Tone Setting the 2 Encode IDs (11111 and 22222)

How can I choose and send the 2 different sequences? With Alarm button or Call button?
What is in Alarm Setting, "Alarm", "Transpond+Background", "Transpond+Alarm" or "Both"?

Thank you for your help guys!

Chris - DG2NGI

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
I read through this entire thread concerning problems with OpenSpot but didn’t see any solutions. I have a new 868 running V2.30. OpenSpot parrot (9998) works fine but otherwise can only receive BM network. My transmission never hits the network. Also have an MD380 which works fine through the OpenSpot. Any suggestions?
Ray - K2DEE

Try 9990 as a parrot. I still trying to figure out DMR on a ZumSpot. Not so much how to program the hotspot, but more about programing the radio to work with this device and using Brandmeister and DMR+.

I've listened to many YouTube tutorials and I lost count.

DStar is a walk in the park. :D

Good Luck,
Mike

P.S. My radio is a 868 too.

radio_runner2003

Premium Subscriber
Not hearing the TG

I have read through the posts and I don't see an answer to the issue I am having sorry if I missed it. I have programed several DMR radios and have never run into this issue. I can be heard on the TG but unless I am in Monitor mode (promiscuous) I don't hear the TG I am on. I have the "receive goup list" set to none so it should be hearing the TG I am on. This is happening with both repeaters and hotpots so before anyway say try the off-set its not the off-set. I must be missing something but I for the life of me cannot figure out what, Interesting enough if I make a receive group with that TG number it works fine.Thanks in advance for any help

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
I use none on all my channels without issue and not sure what to make of it working with a receive group w/ number.

Needing to use promiscuous mode suggest time slot issue, wrong one(?). My Zumspot (hotspot) works simplex using slot 2. Between repeater and hotspot channels they would be different and an easy point of confusion, assuming your hotspot is similar to the one I'm using.

Connectsystem just posted a couple of days ago the latest Firmware/CPS (2.33) file. If you are not up to date maybe that will help.

Good Luck,
Mike

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
Maybe some corruption in the codeplug.

Start from scratch in the CPS and only program the minimum to test and see if you still have the problem. I’m not at the main computer, but export your current codeplug in DCF (?) format and take a look in Excel if you can to see if anything look fishy. I think it’s a csv file that needs an extension name change to open in Excel. Another possibility is use Contact Manager by N0GSG on the DCF file. Something might turn up in there.

Mike

NYG

I just picked up an AT-D868UV at a hamfest yesterday. My first time dealing with DMR aside from using my scanners or DSD with SDR gear.

I'm working my way through learning the radio and DMR programming in general. Having a DMR transceiver really forces you to learn a bit more which isn't a bad thing.

I have to say the digital audio quality of this radio is fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.