• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Anytone Anytone AT-D868UV - Digital Monitor not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

grahampaull

Yeah, it's the exact same with the stubby or the included antenna. Make no difference.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

grahampaull

I think I will hold off on the 2.22 for now.. I think that was released by mistake as far as I know.

It might be more prudent to wait for a bit before loading FW2.22. I just read that FW2.22 may have some issues. I also read that FW2.23 is apparently under beta testing and will *fix* those issues.

John AC4JK

Right, maybe that's why I'm having a hard time finding it.

grahampaull

So, I had a replacement radio send out, albeit used and the issue remains.. That's 2 of these radios with the same issue. I have just requested a full refund.

intermod

Sorry to bump such an old posting. I still have the issue described on FW V2.33. This is my second radio as well. Figured it would be resolved eventually, but seems the firmware updates have slowed or stopped.

jimvm

Interesting discussion. Will check with you guys later and find out your results.
My At868UV has terrible VHF sensitivity. My MD-2017 is much better on VHF.
Thinking of sending the 868 back for exchange.

Hans13

I'm interested if this gets resolved as well. I've been recommending the 868 and 878 to people. One would think that Anytone would've been on top of these issues.

Last edited:

Hans13

My God...surprising to see that this remains an issue.
I'm trying to make my way through grahampaull's really good videos and see if work-arounds have been figured out. Apparently, at least one person was reporting a similar issue with the Alinco DJ-MD5/TGP. I have a DJ-MD5TGP.

RMW1010

Maybe a bit late, but still.

I had the same issue with a D686UV of seeing TG, RID on the display but couldn't hear any voice.
I was listening on a repeater, but I set the RX and TX to the same frequency. Changed the TX frequency to some othre frequency and that did the trick.

Hope this helps to some of you.

TassieJay

When you hear a soft hiss / buzz / whine where DMR received audio should be heard, that indicates the DMR DSP has 'hung'. Sometimes changing channel and coming back to the original channel fixes this and DMR audio is heard again. It seems to be a problem only observed on hotspots or MMDVM based repeaters, never on 'real' repeaters with a reliable wide area connection.

There are a few other things you can do which may also help:
1) Confirm your SCT3258 DSP code is the latest: V2.01.05NJ. Check this in the radio menu using Menu > Settings > Device Info > scroll all the way to the bottom to see Sct 3258 Ver.
If you need to update your version, or feel you might benefit from reloading the DSP firmware, download the DSP update pack and instructions from:
2) Update your 868 or 878 firmware to the latest version. Presently, the most current versions (early Aug 2019) are 868: 2.35 and 878: 1.13
3) Play around with the DMR channel type in the radio menu. Menu > Settings > Chan Set > DMR Mode. Choices are Simplex, Repeater & Double Slot. Simplex is normally used where TX & RX frequencies are the same, but counter-intuitively may also be needed for duplex hotspots. Repeater is used for, uh, repeaters. Double Slot isn't typically used.

Status
Not open for further replies.