AOR AR2000 Fault

Status
Not open for further replies.

zenno

Hello folks.

I have a problem with this AOR AR2000 radio scanner. When I turn it on the audio is fine for around 8 minutes, then it causes a buzzing sound and then cannot receive any audio at all. When I turn the radio off and straight back on it works fine again for 8 minutes and fails again. I only use this radio on batteries. Could this be an internal amp problem ?. Link of the problem is on video below on google drive. Thanks...

AOR AR2000 Fault.MP4

zenno

Update:

This is strange. I turned on the radio there, and it hasn't buzzed or shut-down yet and it has been on now on a working channel for 30 minutes. It always used to shut-down at around 8 to 10 minutes but it is still working. I was told by the person I purchased it from that this radio was never powered on in 2 years. So I was the only one yesterday to give it power for the first time, so maybe leaving the batteries in it over night done something. I have no idea why having the batteries in the radio while turned off overnight could make it work again. Any idea why this would be the case ?. so far so good, but I am really curious as to why having the batteries installed over night could cause this.

It just went there, but it lasted 35 minutes that time though, that's the longest time it has stayed on so far.

Last edited:

zenno

Never mind, I found the problem. It was 5 leaky capacitor caps, marked with black leak substance.

Attachments

• IMG_1369.JPG
    IMG_1369.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 14
Status
Not open for further replies.