AOR DV1 Firmware 1607B Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

MStep

AOR has asked me to post the following information regarding a potential issue in Firmware Version 1607B. The issue was raised by one of the forum participants, and AOR would like to know if and how it is affecting other users.

The user reported as follows:

"Scanning digital channels. It just hangs on a P25 signal, NAC 140. No voice, it just sits there and does not keep scanning."

In order to help identify, track, and correct this issue, AOR would like to know the following information from others who may have experienced the problem:

1. Did the receiver hang up only once or all the time?
2. What is the FREE and DELAY settings for SCAN GROUP? (He may provide us SYSTEM.CSV date for our analysis.)
3. While in No Voice, is it possible to switch to VFO mode? Can the receiver turn power off?
4. Does the problem happen on the same channel?
5. Does the receiver hang up in any modes, such as SCAN mode, VFO mode, or Memory channel mode?
6. If the receiver is set other than NAC 140, does it not hang up?

AOR is continuously working to improve the performance of the AR-DV1 and all of its other products. Persons with information that may help provide input regarding this issue can email their responses to:

info@aorusa.com

The information will be forwarded to AOR's engineers for resolution.

(Note- Not sure if AOR also directly contacted the original person who initiated the issue. If you were not contacted directly by AOR, please respond to the questions above with an email to the address provided.)

Last edited:

Vince64

... "Scanning digital channels. It just hangs on a P25 signal, NAC 140. No voice, it just sits there and does not keep scanning."

Does the user mention if the P25 signal was encrypted? As you surely know P25 can be encrypted and no audio will be available on the speaker even if NAC can be displayed.

mclove

Premium Subscriber
aor dv1 firmware 1607b issue

P25 control channel. its reads that when u stop a P25 control channel

Alex_S

Do You Represent AOR

AOR has asked me to post the following information regarding a potential issue in Firmware Version 1607B. The issue was raised by one of the forum participants, and AOR would like to know if and how it is affecting other users.

The user reported as follows:

"Scanning digital channels. It just hangs on a P25 signal, NAC 140. No voice, it just sits there and does not keep scanning."

In order to help identify, track, and correct this issue, AOR would like to know the following information from others who may have experienced the problem:

1. Did the receiver hang up only once or all the time?
2. What is the FREE and DELAY settings for SCAN GROUP? (He may provide us SYSTEM.CSV date for our analysis.)
3. While in No Voice, is it possible to switch to VFO mode? Can the receiver turn power off?
4. Does the problem happen on the same channel?
5. Does the receiver hang up in any modes, such as SCAN mode, VFO mode, or Memory channel mode?
6. If the receiver is set other than NAC 140, does it not hang up?

AOR is continuously working to improve the performance of the AR-DV1 and all of its other products. Persons with information that may help provide input regarding this issue can email their responses to:

info@aorusa.com

The information will be forwarded to AOR's engineers for resolution.

(Note- Not sure if AOR also directly contacted the original person who initiated the issue. If you were not contacted directly by AOR, please respond to the questions above with an email to the address provided.)

Hello. I have followed all your posts, especially those about the DV1 receiver. You give very coherent and excellent information about this receiver.

I just wanted to know if you are an official representative of AOR here on the forum? It would be great if AOR is now officially participating here on the RR forums.

Thanks. Alex.

MStep

Hello. I have followed all your posts, especially those about the DV1 receiver. You give very coherent and excellent information about this receiver.

I just wanted to know if you are an official representative of AOR here on the forum? It would be great if AOR is now officially participating here on the RR forums.

Thanks. Alex.

To Alex and all--- No, I am not the "official" representative of AOR, either in these forums or within the United States. Just to be clear, I have approached AOR on one or two occasions offering to help them demonstrate their products at various ham-fests and shows here in the states, primarily east of the Mississippi River.

They have their United States offices in Torrance, California, and I imagine that they have a capable staff at that office to represent themselves here in the states.

Since I live here on the East Coast, I have offered to help them on several occasions, especially since I am very enthusiastic about their products, especially the DV1. I am happy to answer any questions that I can about the DV1 here in the forums, as I use the radio every day for both work and hobbyist activities.

Who knows, perhaps some day I will "officially" represent AOR, but for now I just try to help them out the best that I can in continuing to assist them with my support and interest in their great products.

Status
Not open for further replies.