Aor Reciever ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spotzie70

I am confused about what i would be able to hear on the AOR MK3 . I understand that you could recieve shortwave , AM & FM TV broadcats , now is it capable of hearing trunked systems like my bc246T & bc396 can . Also what other cool things will i be able to hear ? Thanks for any info.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Do you mean the 8200 or 8600? Neither can trunk, although you could tap it for use with other software such as UniTrunker 73 Mike

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Howdy!
I own an AOR 8200 MK3 if thats the one you are talking about. The straight foward answer is NO, it cannot trunk track like Mike said. The thing to keep in mind is that this is a "wide band receiver" as the front face plate will tell you. While it has some Scanner-like features, a dedicated scanner it is NOT. As long as you keep that in mind, the radio is pretty cool as an addition to a good scanner. The range is very wide. 500KHZ-3GHZ. (Cell gap exists) The cool thing is that it has a very wide range of tunning steps and receive modes. I use it when I want to monitor something specific in a few channels. It is also very nice on Civil and Millitary air bands. If you are a fan of airshows like I am, this is definitely the radio for you. Shortwave stations come in pretty well at night if they are strong enough. Overall, a very flexible,fun receiver to have around. If you have a dedicated trunking "scanner", then this receiver makes a nice companion. Just my 2 cents worth.

Manny

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.