APCO 25 Ham Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mozilla

Digital radios

The following have had digital radios out, Motorola, EF Johnson, RELM/Bendix, Datron,M/A-Com, Thales and they have now been joined by Icom and Kenwood. Some of these radios can be had used for a decent price... remeber one thing, that its not till you start adding options such as trunking, encryption and other items that these things begin to soar in price. So whne you compare it to the price of a D-Star (over a grand) some of the above radios can definitely be found for half that and maybe even less. Also they are available in VHF and UHF, while currently the D-STAR is not. Icoms other offer in digital is in its mobiles and HTs but when you add a $200 + board to a $189 HT or $300 Mobile, its still leaving the CAI commercial gear in the running.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
kg4icg said:
I concede the point of apco25 ham repeaters because i did a search, but the radio's unless there are apco25 modules for them are all analog unless someone can afford having motorola's set up for digital voice, those don't come cheap. Haven't seen too many imbe modulated ham equipment sold yet, but what do i know.

Chill out. There are a number of P25 ham repeaters around the country, being used in digital and analog modes. I've monitored a couple of them with my Pro96 when traveling. Quite simple, although pricey, to do P25 in the ham bands by means of purchasing secondhand (or new) P25 gear.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
wa8pyr said:
kg4icg said:
I concede the point of apco25 ham repeaters because i did a search, but the radio's unless there are apco25 modules for them are all analog unless someone can afford having motorola's set up for digital voice, those don't come cheap. Haven't seen too many imbe modulated ham equipment sold yet, but what do i know.
Chill out. There are a number of P25 ham repeaters around the country, being used in digital and analog modes. I've monitored a couple of them with my Pro96 when traveling. Quite simple, although pricey, to do P25 in the ham bands by means of purchasing secondhand (or new) P25 gear.
Tom,
That was a post from well over a year ago you quoted. :lol:

wa6osb

P25 Ham Repeaters

To K9KRO,

db, did you ever come up with a list of P25 ham repeaters?

I have found 7 on VHF and 5 on UHF, most from this site.

Ken

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
Have to petition the ARRL to put a spot in the repeater directory for P25 NAC codes.

R

Rayjk110

iCom helps fund ARRL, along with many other companies/organizations, and has even funded them to advertise/talk about D-Star.

Heh...considering the above, I think they'd be more likely to publish D-Star repeaters more likely than Astro Systems.

swest90

We can always publish our own list. If those with P25 systems want to send me the information, I will put up a site with a list. Nothing fancy im no graphics expert but I have the space, domains and servers..

RocketNJ

There are four UHF ham repeaters in the northern NJ area (Bergen and Passaic counties) running Astro/analog mixed mode. All are NAC 293.

442.000 PL 156.7
442.700 unknown PL
443.450 PL 141.3
443.750 PL 141.3

R

Rayjk110

I am quite an active member on the Stroke/Fishfar moto systems in NE Illinois, I think the fishfar will do p25 but im not sure on stroke's machine.

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
Rayjk110 said:
iCom helps fund ARRL, along with many other companies/organizations, and has even funded them to advertise/talk about D-Star.

Heh...considering the above, I think they'd be more likely to publish D-Star repeaters more likely than Astro Systems.

ICOM manufactures P25 equipment as well. This shouldn't make a difference on who they advertise with.

grem467

swest90 said:
We can always publish our own list. If those with P25 systems want to send me the information, I will put up a site with a list. Nothing fancy im no graphics expert but I have the space, domains and servers..

go ahead an post what i have earlier in the thread, its still current.. all using nac 293 (for now).

Cary

Premium Subscriber
Does Anyone Know of P25 Ham Repeater in LA/Orange CA Area?

I have seen posts on various sites alluding to a P25 ham repeater in LA, CA area? Can someone list one/some?

Thanks

swest90

K6CCC Has a mixed mode quantar north of Glendale on 445.3800 NAC CCC. It is open in digital mode but apparently is private for analog transmissions. Theere is a site but I cant find it. If I locate it I will edit it in.

And I am working on the list now.. I should have it up by next weekend.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.