APCO P25 system & PRO-107

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwcasey

I recently purchased a PRO-107 scanner, the scanner library allows you can pick the MPSCS system but after reading on line I found that this is a APCO P25 based system. MonitoringTimes.com shows th PRO-107 does not support this system just Motorola, EDACS and LTR.

Can someone confirm to I am not able to listen to MPSCS transmissions? If I can, can you point me in the right direction?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I recently purchased a PRO-107 scanner, the scanner library allows you can pick the MPSCS system but after reading on line I found that this is a APCO P25 based system. MonitoringTimes.com shows th PRO-107 does not support this system just Motorola, EDACS and LTR.

Can someone confirm to I am not able to listen to MPSCS transmissions? If I can, can you point me in the right direction?
The Pro-107 is an analog trunk-tracker, and is not capable of tracking or decoding a digital system such as Michigan's Public Safety Communications System (MPSCS) Trunking System, Statewide, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies.

For that system, you need a digital trunk-tracking scanner. The similar Radio Shack scanner is the Pro-18. The GRE version of that, which has more features, is the PSR-800. Unfortunately, GRE shut down late last year, and prices on remaining stock of the PSR-800's have climbed rapidly, since it can receive P25 Phase II systems. Whistler has bought the rights to use GRE's patents and will resume production of the former GRE models, including those sold through Radio Shack, in the first quarter of next year.

Other scanners that would work include Radio Shack's Pro-106 & Pro-197, GRE's PSR-500 & PSR-600, and these Uniden scanners: Home Patrol 1, BCD396XT, BCD996XT, BCD396T, and BCD996T.

Status
Not open for further replies.