APD EDACS analog?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisABQ

I would be interested to know if anyone else in the area has noticed APD area command dispatches have been broadcasting on analog instead of digital? It seems that the different commands have been cycling through using analog. It's been going on for around a week now. I normally monitor AFD/BCFD dispatched on my BCT15X and have picked up police as well. Would be interested to hear from others on this.

Fowler

Premium Subscriber
Yes..I heard NW area on analog
Stand by the RFB is coming out for a new P25 system....This EDACS system is 16 years old

ShyFlyer

Premium Subscriber
I've noticed that BCSO would do the same occasionally. Seemed to happen randomly but would normally be for an entire shift, but only the Dispatch side of the communications. Interestingly, I've only heard the North and East Commands go analog, never the South.

I've never head APD go analog.

ChrisABQ

I have in the past heard BCSO analog dispatch, but more often lately, APD. FH, SW & Valley have been analog. Just odd as this started all of a sudden. Also had to attenuate both Primaries on my 15X because of some sort of bleed over issue I'm picking up.

BC_Scan

The system in use here has done the same thing, over the years this has allowed us to help log all the previously unknown digital tg's. What was discovered was that when the police dispatch would link tgs together from different detachments or channels you would get this situation that the dispatcher came thru in analog on a digital channel, When they pushed a link button for channels on their display many not always you would here analog on the dispatch side only, if you see two channels linked on your display, this could be same issue as we have.
I would suspect that many other systems across North America have same issue.

Fowler

Premium Subscriber
They generally dont link a main dispatch channel here. They have a button on their dispatch screens to switch between digital and analog. As the city grows the original system coverage area has changed. In the fringe areas analog is readable where simulcast digital gets a little dicey...

Status
Not open for further replies.