Applying to Provide Feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlest_

Premium Subscriber
Hello all,
I'm working on becoming a feed provider and have a quick question. I was reading over the terms and it is clear to me I cannot broadcast tac, transport, etc.
What's the best way to guarentee this does not happen through Unitrunker? I could go through and lockout all the users or groups I do not want; however, some of them may be missed or overlooked.
Does Unitrunker have a way of setting a whitelist instead of using a "blacklist" technique?

Any advice here would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

satboy8888

Download the known system talkgroups, block the ones you believe should be, keep an eye on it over time for new talkgroups. Due diligence not a lawsuit if one slips through occasionally.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

charlest_

Premium Subscriber
Download the known system talkgroups, block the ones you believe should be, keep an eye on it over time for new talkgroups. Due diligence not a lawsuit if one slips through occasionally.

Sounds good. Should I block EMS too, or should I make it both. I live in an area with high activity so having both may mean some transmissions will be missed.

satboy8888

I would leave it to your discretion which to allow and which to block according to the rules.

If you have an email published (doesn't have to be personally identifiable, you can make a new generic email address, as long as you're checking it regularly) in the further information section, you're giving opportunity for anyone to correspond with you if they catch something you've accidentally miss.

charlest_

Premium Subscriber
I would leave it to your discretion which to allow and which to block according to the rules.

If you have an email published (doesn't have to be personally identifiable, you can make a new generic email address, as long as you're checking it regularly) in the further information section, you're giving opportunity for anyone to correspond with you if they catch something you've accidentally miss.

Awesome, thanks for your help.

jbeen

Feed Provider
Hi charlest.

Yes, there's an effective way to do this in Unitrunker....

Utilize the Rank feature to create a "whitelist".

The default rank of any newly discovered talkgroups is 50.

So, set the rank of the few talkgroups you want to monitor to something lower than 50, like 40.

Then, set the Rank value on your voice receiver(s) to a similar value below 50.

Now, only those talkgroups will be broadcast and everything else will be ignored, regardless of their Lockout value being set.

Unitrunker, combined with Trunking Recorder & RadioFeed make for a nice streaming setup.

Have fun,
Josh

KB3KBR

(ಠ_ಠ) (◣_◢) (。◕‿◕。)
Feed Provider
Hi charlest.

Yes, there's an effective way to do this in Unitrunker....

Utilize the Rank feature to create a "whitelist".

The default rank of any newly discovered talkgroups is 50.

So, set the rank of the few talkgroups you want to monitor to something lower than 50, like 40.

Then, set the Rank value on your voice receiver(s) to a similar value below 50.

Now, only those talkgroups will be broadcast and everything else will be ignored, regardless of their Lockout value being set.

Unitrunker, combined with Trunking Recorder & RadioFeed make for a nice streaming setup.

Have fun,
Josh

whereabouts would one find trunking recorder? I'd like to setup a feed using my unitrunker and dsdplus setup i have going here.

bep

Premium Subscriber
Please don't provide a feed. I am about to loose my home city that I worked as a firefighter for 30 years. Encryption is coming and feed providers are the reason as well as Facebook "reporters". Eventually all the fun stuff is going to be gone.

KB3KBR

(ಠ_ಠ) (◣_◢) (。◕‿◕。)
Feed Provider
Please don't provide a feed. I am about to loose my home city that I worked as a firefighter for 30 years. Encryption is coming and feed providers are the reason as well as Facebook "reporters". Eventually all the fun stuff is going to be gone.

sorry man, i already have a feed up for my county fire and police, I'm looking to setting up one for our state police 700 mhz system

satboy8888

You need one virtual audio cable or equivalent to get the digital audio from unitrunker to dsdplus. Then a second from dsdplus to trunking recorder. You cannot use just one or you'll hear both the encoded and decoded audio together at the same time; making it more difficult to decode and listen to it.

KB3KBR

(ಠ_ಠ) (◣_◢) (。◕‿◕。)
Feed Provider
how do you install a second virtual cable? I tried in the setup then tried a new folder with setup and it still only has the 1. I'm starting to think i need to donate to get the other program correct?

Chronic

At this point i am not sure i would even bother putting up a feed .. management is making it so hard for people to listen to the feeds that many feeds are suffering from people not being able to get the feeds to play. Even directly from Radio Reference. I get complaints daily that the feed wont play . or no audio because the players wont start the feed . Its a shame , this used to be the best place to host a feed , but i think times might be changing . management dont care about the feed providers , just their bottom line .

mule1075

Feed Provider
management is making it so hard for people to listen to the feeds.

Almost 25 thousand people as of right now don't seem to be having any issues. So it really is all not that difficult.
5210104a225d6518c9a20a4664612d82.jpg

Chronic

Almost 25 thousand people as of right now don't seem to be having any issues. So it really is all not that difficult.
5210104a225d6518c9a20a4664612d82.jpg

With Internet explorer , Chrome or Opera clicking a play link from Radio Reference or Broadcastify brings up this window . The feed does not play , and clicking on the play/pause button does not start the feed. To those who are not real computer savvy either give up or send a email that the feeds are not playing. One would think that Radio Reference being owned by the same people that they could make this work , or easier for those who are not so savvy. Similar things happen with going to the Broadcastify site. Before all the games started I would have on average 50 listeners at any given time , now with the games I average about 10 on a good day , many times less.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 73

jbeen

Feed Provider
Hi KB3KBR,

Yes, you'll need multiple Virtual Audio Cables.

Pipe the digital audio from Unitrunker to the Input of DSD.
Pipe the decoded audio from DSD to the Input of Trunking Recorder.

Repeat with multiple Unitrunker receivers to record simultaneous calls, if desired.

You might also look at this VAC software, which is what I'm using.
Virtual Audio Cable Home Page

Regards,
Josh

KB3KBR

(ಠ_ಠ) (◣_◢) (。◕‿◕。)
Feed Provider
Hi KB3KBR,

Yes, you'll need multiple Virtual Audio Cables.

Pipe the digital audio from Unitrunker to the Input of DSD.
Pipe the decoded audio from DSD to the Input of Trunking Recorder.

Repeat with multiple Unitrunker receivers to record simultaneous calls, if desired.

You might also look at this VAC software, which is what I'm using.
Virtual Audio Cable Home Page

Regards,
Josh

ok i'll have to give that a try after work, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.