• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

April In-Person Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.
As discussed its getting warmer out so a outdoor meeting should work out. I think that the "special" meeting might be in May. So for this month I had a thought....

April 26th UTA Frontrunner Commuter Rail opens to the public. I was thinking a group ride, and/or setting up along the route. We can have the meeting and also try to capture some of the first official comms.

Any ideas, thoughts, suggestions??

Has anyone else consider this or other ideas? lets start finalizing the details.

(the special meeting will still likely be next month, I am quite positive I will be able to make it happen now.)

Anyone wanna work on a final plan? one note frontrunner will be FREE that day. Our biggest problem is we do not know the exact schedule yet. It may be best to meet some where and do some radio hunting, and then go for the ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.