• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

APX 6000 and TDMA Scanning

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorola2935

I have successfully gotten an APX6000 to monitor my statewide 700/800MHz P25 Phase I/Phase II dynamic system. I had used the radio prior on the Phase I but these days more and more talk groups every day are heading Phase II. The radio worked great on the Phase I/FDMA talk groups the way I had it setup without the correct WACN. When I decided to retry TDMA I found out my WACN was not correct on my trunking system tab. I fixed that but when I fixed that TDMA worked! But I ran into an issue, when scanning any of my scan list from a conventional channel to trunking talk groups any scan list that had my new populated TDMA talk groups in them seemed to be very slow on scanning talk groups for TDMA and FDMA. I was missing whole 15-20 second dispatches on FDMA talk groups and on TDMA I was missing between 10-15 seconds of the transmissions. I compared it to my XTS-5000 running complete FDMA talk groups and it was pickup everything perfectly with no issues, so I'm not very sure what is causing this issue of slow scanning when the WACN got set correct. To troubleshoot I set the WACN to something random again then scanning went back to being perfect, not missing a transmission or even a millisecond of a transmission but then the issue of TDMA talk groups not working at all when the WACN is set correct (it goes into the wonderful issue of not unmuting or showing a RID on the screen). So I'm not very sure whats going on with it and if this is maybe just a common issue. The radio was purchased brand new from local motorola 3-4 months ago. Since then just to ensure it was perfect they have retuned it to factory so I know for sure thats not the issue, the channel band plans are all correct. Also my scan list are only setup with 4-5 talk groups in each one so its definitely not over population. Any help with this is greatly appreciated!

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Is the band plan set up correctly for the Phase 2 stuff?
You could try to duplicate the system and set up one as Phase 1 and the other as Phase 2 then associate the Phase 1 TG with the Phase 1 system and Phase 2 TG with Phase 2 system.
Then set up zones with Phase 1 TG and zones with Phase 2 TG and zones with conventional channels.
Then set up different scan lists to test it.

motorola2935

@IAmSixNine I had actually already tried doing that! Great minds think alike I guess but no sadly that did not work. If the Phase II talk group is in any scan list with Phase I talk groups it does not scan as it should (the delay issue). Yes the band plan is correct! Thanks!

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Can you send me a link to the system.
I have an APX7000 and a county away a similar system has multi layers and mixed phase 1 and 2 use.
I ended up doing what i wrote earlier and i had a band plan issue with my phase 2 stuff early on when it went online but since had it corrected.
there are still many things to look at.

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
I find this to be a very good chunk of information, that the "hidden talkgroups" method I created so many years ago STILL works even on today's TDMA Phase II systems.

Honestly I figured that by now Mother would have defeated that capacity by something as simple as denying scan functionality to a radio that isn't a logged in and authenticated authorized user.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Ive heard of systems that do require you to login in order to authenticate and pass audio but im sure thats an added feature that costs money and more then likely can add problems if not set up correctly.

motorola2935

Moderators/Admins feel free to lock this thread, got this issue fixed rather easily by a PM. Just a heads up for everyone doing TDMA scan using the N-A method on an APX make sure you have your RFSS set correctly according to data from Unitrunker or RR Databases and that the WACN is for sure set correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.