• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

APX 6000 and TDMA

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorola2935

I have successfully done the non-affliate scan on countless XTS series radios, recently gotten this APX 6000 and programmed it up for non-affiliate. It works great but I am not able to receive any TDMA traffic from this unit, the active TDMA talk group just flashes on the screen then disappears constantly until the transmission is over with no audio. The FDMA talk groups are working great so I know the setup is for sure right on the non-affliate. The radio is flashed for TDMA and the Phase II boxes were checked under the trunking system tab for the MSWIN system I am attempting to monitor.

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Your bandplan (P25 Channel ID) needs to have (correct) entries for TDMA.

motorola2935

Apx 6000 tdma mswin

I have successfully done the non-affliate scan on countless XTS series radios, recently gotten this APX 6000 and programmed it up for non-affiliate. It works great but I am not able to receive any TDMA traffic from this unit, the active TDMA talk group just flashes on the screen then disappears constantly until the transmission is over with no audio. The FDMA talk groups are working great so I know the setup is for sure right on the non-affliate. The radio is flashed for TDMA and the Phase II boxes were checked under the trunking system tab for the MSWIN system I am attempting to monitor.

I believe it may be something with needing the exact band plan from Unitrunker to be able to get this working right. If anyone has that info for the MSWIN that would be greatly appreciated as I have never needed a scanner and do not have one nor the budget right now to get one after this APX purchase.

motorola2935

Bandplan

This is the common Motorola band plan and it is what I am using, I do not have a scanner as I have never needed one. I figured this should work as it works for most all Motorola standard systems. I am attempting to monitor the TDMA talk groups on the Mississippi Wireless Information Network (MSWIN). All help is greatly appreciated with this issue!

Attachments

• bandplan.png
    bandplan.png
    31.4 KB · Views: 746

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
This is the common Motorola band plan and it is what I am using, I do not have a scanner as I have never needed one. I figured this should work as it works for most all Motorola standard systems. I am attempting to monitor the TDMA talk groups on the Mississippi Wireless Information Network (MSWIN). All help is greatly appreciated with this issue!

Not much help, but you will need to confirm what bandplan the system is using.

While "most" systems may use this one, their is no technical reason they have to.

biglogdog

Here ya go.......First, make sure TDMA is enabled in the flashcode. Then copy what's in the attachments.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 793
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 764
Last edited:

biglogdog

Do some searching at the communications.support website. There's a lot of useful info on non-affiliate scanning.

motorola2935

Here ya go.......First, make sure TDMA is enabled in the flashcode. Then copy what's in the attachments.

Well thats for sure the bandplan I was using and my flashcode does include: QA00580 (TDMA Operation)
So I guess once I'm home later this afternoon ill be testing with the other features.

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
You were told wrong. No affiliate FDMA (Phase II) scanning is possible UNLESS the system requires radio authentication. Which, to oversimplify it, means "You have to log in with a radio that is individually authorized to get the encryption key to listen or use this system." That's not technically precise but it's functionally adequate as far as descriptions go.

Do some searching at the communications.support website. There's a lot of useful info on non-affiliate scanning.

Useful, yes. But don't ask them a question...when it comes to trunking systems, they have pretty much closed the door on helping others, as they're running up against Mother M. Just a heads up...but you'll probably get a fairly rude response if you are looking for some help in that arena over there.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
It all depends on the SysAdmin ops... If the guy/gal is smart he/she set up the system so you MUST affiliate to have ANY communications of ANY kind on the system. Its smart security to prevent ANY I repeat ANY unauthorized radios PERIOD! TX, no TX... Who cares. Your not authorized to use the system, then your radio should NEVER be allowed on it. It should get bonked or even bricked! Monitor only is what scanners and software setups are for. A lot of you may disagree... So go ahead envite them to encrypt everything even more than they would usually do for the sake of security. And yes, the powers that be in MS DO READ THESE FORUMS! Take a read thru the MSWIN forum... You may learn a thing or three!

motorola2935

I have been through there countless times, as stated it works perfectly fine in FDMA mode but it is completely possible for it to do TDMA. I have worked with countless radios just not exactly sure whats up with this one. Have the correct band plan info and all my other stuff aligns up perfectly with everyone else's. Plus just to add to your statements, yes of course WCC looks through everything on every forum and a radio setup to act as a scanner with no affliation possiblities or transmit possiblities is no different from the scanner sitting in your car rather than the fact that it works with LSM way way better than scanners and that it has to be programmed a certain way to make it essentially a top of the line scanner.

Now back on topic, for those still interested in assisting me I have uploaded my codeplug at the following link, everything is setup correctly according to the band plan I have been given by a local in the area. All TDMA and X2 check boxes have been selected. Also wanted to note that this radio was recently aligned by my Motorola dealer so that shouldn't be an issue.

Codeplug:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/6ddop4

Status
Not open for further replies.