• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

APX 7000XE Strange Scan Sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

pgomez971

Feed Provider
When I scan analog frequencies and someone is talking I hear a quick burst through their voice almost like doubling or garbling underwater. It's really fast and happens every second only when scan is on. It's almost like the scan is fluttering rapidly through channels.

RBMTS

Sounds like you have priority scan enabled. Even though the radio is monitoring traffic on one of your channels/personalities, it is continuing to sample the programmed priority channel.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
My 7000XE scans through P25 and analog and I have never experienced what you noted; with or without the bluetooth speaker mic engaged.

Another person may have improved feedback, so perhaps wait to do the following:
- Read your radio and save your current configuration.
- Write a new clean config using only analog frequencies and make sure they are set for non-Astro.

If the scan still has that garble I am stumped, as I am not a Moto guru. Hopefully someone will chime in.

pgomez971

Feed Provider
FIXED

Sounds like you have priority scan enabled. Even though the radio is monitoring traffic on one of your channels/personalities, it is continuing to sample the programmed priority channel.

Looks like you were right. I had "fixed" channel priority enabled to keep the knob selected channel under priority. I turned it off and voila! No strange noises, just clear audio of each channel it scans. Thank you oh knowledgeable one!

Status
Not open for further replies.