AR-DV1 - 4gb SD Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
Hi!

I recently purchased a Transcend 4gb Class 10 SDHC Card for a backup. I used the SD Formatter to format the card. Placed it into the DV1 and copied the Search Bank > Channels > System> onto the card.
Removed the card put into my PC to verify files were copied.

Nothing was copied onto the Transcend SD Card.... any ideas?

Thanks,

MStep

Hi!

I recently purchased a Transcend 4gb Class 10 SDHC Card for a backup. I used the SD Formatter to format the card. Placed it into the DV1 and copied the Search Bank > Channels > System> onto the card.
Removed the card put into my PC to verify files were copied.

Nothing was copied onto the Transcend SD Card.... any ideas?

Thanks,

Some cards have lock/unlock switches on them. Was the card unlocked so that it could be written to? Perhaps after formatting the card, you inadvertently moved the switch into the lock position.

Have you tried copying other small files from your computer to the card and then back again to make sure the card is functioning properly?

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
SD Card

Hi Mike!

Lock /Unlock switch is in the unlock position.

Read your thread and tried the new sd card inserted into the computer (D drive)
Original SD card from AOR in the (E Drive)

Transfered files from the (E Drive) to the (D Drive) successfully.

Removed original card from (E Drive) re installed in DV1.

Back to PC . new card (D Drive) transferred files successfully to Documents in PC.

Looks like I'm in business???

MStep

Hi Mike!

Lock /Unlock switch is in the unlock position.

Read your thread and tried the new sd card inserted into the computer (D drive)
Original SD card from AOR in the (E Drive)

Transfered files from the (E Drive) to the (D Drive) successfully.

Removed original card from (E Drive) re installed in DV1.

Back to PC . new card (D Drive) transferred files successfully to Documents in PC.

Looks like I'm in business???

So I guess the next question would be is the new card now recognized by the DV1 and are you able to write your files to it ?

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
So I guess the next question would be is the new card now recognized by the DV1 and are you able to write your files to it ?

Put the new card in the DV1, Went into the SD Card Menu > choose Backup > close Serach Group >
EXEC > enter - downloading files > cleared out of menu. DV1 froze up. Replaced original card which I backed up all files and verified. DV1 operating normally.

Placed new SD card in PC > no files written.

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
SD Card

Vince,

Thats the program I used to format the card. I'm using Windows 10, does that make a difference?

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
Thank You!

Thanks very much to Mike and Vince fot your help with my DV1 and SD Card dilemma. I finally have the problem solved.

First of all, over the weekend I tried everything I could think of with much frustration. I tried both new Transcend 4gb SDHC Class 10 SD Cards. No luck, formatted with two different downloads from the internet. Didn't accomplish anything except get a headache. Than I noticed, the DV1 was not recognizing the SD cards, no card indicator illuminated on the display.

Went this morning, purchased a new San Disk SDHC SD Card. Works Great!

Must be two bad SD Cards, what's the odds? Of course, it has to happen to me!

Thank you.

MStep

Tip Regarding The SD Card

Glad you were able to resolve the issue.

One observation which has nothing to do with your particular situation, but more a tip for newbies with the DV1---- I remember how I got fooled a few times early-on with my receiver. From the time you insert SD Card, it can take several moments for the SD card icon to appear in the radio's display. This could give the false impression that you might have improperly installed the card, or perhaps that the receiver's reader was malfunctioning.

I am using a 32 GB card, and have many audio files saved on my card, along with DV1's backup files. From the time I insert my card, until the time that the icon appears on my receiver's display, is about 30 seconds.

The first few times this occurred, I did not give the radio a chance to read the card, and I kept inserting and ejecting the card, thinking that there was something wrong. Perhaps a smaller capacity card with less data on it would take less time to be read by the radio, but this is just a little observation I wanted to pass along to fellow enthusiasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.