AR-DV1 eSPYonARD UPDATE - with BANDSCOPE MK3

Status
Not open for further replies.

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
LATEST UPDATE PUBLISHED

Several new additions with new Band Scope MK3 (almost 50 % speed increase over MK2 version and extras added.)

Just uploaded v.6.0007-011

www.espyonard.com

NOTE The site provider is having problems with download links. There is a working ALTERNATIVE link provided under the usual one.

SEE end of MANUAL for list of additions

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
WATERFALL
I was asked if I intended to add a 'waterfall' to the Band Scope. The answer is 'no'. For one thing it would slow the sweep operation considerably, having to handle the extra graphics, but it really is not needed.

The Band Scope can be set to 'clear' all lines after a sweep, or to retain 'ghost' lines of frequencies that were discovered. They are grey, active frequencies when found show a blue line, and if manually selected so the information is sent to the DV1, the line turns to red. So the information that a waterfall would show is there already with the added advantage that the Band Scope displays all the required current and past information in a single window. This also means the Band Scope and Main Program window are both linked, visible and accessible at the same time.

If you have elected to create a manual or automatic 'Q' frequency window, just clicking on any line transfers the frequency, mode etc to the DV1 instantly, and the corresponding line on the Band Scope turns red.

Plus of course the 'Q' window is intelligent as well as interactive. It only makes a one line entry for any particular active frequency found, shows the last time and date discovered, and a 'HIT' counter.

citiot

ʇoᴉʇᴉɔ
Premium Subscriber
Pretty cool program. Totally understand Marlbrooks's design philosophy. Band scope waterfall would look pretty cool, but not really a match for the slow native DV1 sweep.

BTW, I've had the program for a few days and also the DV1. Neat program. The "q" function has some pretty good text file cleanup and smarts to it (I used to be a programmer and the text algorithms obviously have some thought behind them).

I consider Q the power of this program. It's not as "sexy" as a direct import from radio reference, but the added power of copying and pasting lists from any source to a text file really versatile.

DeepBlue

Could someone post a short video of the new version of the scope in operation. I would love to see how fast a sweep is as well as the "ghost" function.

Thanks,
Sean

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
I consider Q the power of this program. It's not as "sexy" as a direct import from radio reference, but the added power of copying and pasting lists from any source to a text file really versatile.

Thanks for the post. Really glad you like 'Q'. I know you have only had the Program for a few days. Its ability to import frequencies is just one aspect of course.

Hopefully as you continue to use it you will discover the very many other functions and abilities it brings to the DV1 regarding frequency management and ease of access, with the ability to instantly transfer frequencies to the Radio with just a click of the mouse, and store the information as simple text files.

'Q', is closely integrated into the Band Scope too, which adds other dimensions re. frequency acquisition and control.

The Band Scope and 'Q' were my last two big additions. Of all the extra functions I have to admit I am proudest of 'Q' and all it can do. I still have the feeling people may read about 'Q' and think it must be 'hype', lol. The description does make the claims seem impossible, indeed even when I sit down to use it now I almost have to 'pinch myself' to remind me it actually doing 'what it says on the tin'. Others now know the truth of it I am pleased to say.

I can say that 'Q' is not only 'unique' because the AR-DV1 is the only Radio it is available on. No other control software has anything like, let alone rival it. OK, 'he would say that wouldn't he', lol. Well if you do not believe me, download the free trial and see for yourself.

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
Could someone post a short video of the new version of the scope in operation. I would love to see how fast a sweep is as well as the "ghost" function.

Thanks,
Sean

One solution would be to download and run the free trial. Then you could see how it works on your Computer. Possibly more informative to you personally than someone else posting a video.

There is a video on YouTube

It is of an older version, but will give you an idea, although spotting the different colours of the lines, 'ghost - grey' or 'found during that sweep - blue' may not be as obvious as trying the Program itself, unless you view it in full screen. I find Chrome is best to view it.

Whether the sweep erases all the lines, or keeps the ghost ones on screen depends on whether the 'T' button is active (blue when it is)

Later version have more additions, and the latest is a quick audio record button on the Scope itself.

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
Pretty cool program. The "q" function has some pretty good text file cleanup and smarts to it (I used to be a programmer and the text algorithms obviously have some thought behind them).

see https://forums.radioreference.com/threads/ardv1-ardv10-pc-computer-control-new-s-w.328888/page-22

APRIL 2019 UPDATE - AVAILABLE SOON

includes 'Q' NEW EVEN SIMPLER IMPORTING OF FREQUENCIES FROM ANY SOURCE just 'copy' and 'paste' directly into 'Q-LIST' window

Status
Not open for further replies.