AR-DV1 FIRMWARE UPDATE v1610B

Status
Not open for further replies.

mescalero

AR-DV1 FIRMWARE UPDATE v1610B RELEASE NOTES

(c)2016 AOR, LTD.

Oct.11, 2016

This update will correct issues that some customers experienced, it also adds more functionality to the AR-DV1.
AOR is committed to the continuous improvement of its products and will post firmware updates periodically to further extend the capabilities of this receiver.

IMPORTANT!
This firmware update will clear all your channel, bank and configuration memory data. It is therefore advised to make a backup on SD card as described chapter 5-2 of the user manual, and to restore this data after the firmware update.

The following bugs have been removed:
- CW mode had disappeared from the mode selection menu.
- CONTRAST settings did not remain in memory when the receiver was switched off.

-----
thanks to aor

G7HID

"URGENT MESSAGE FROM AOR JAPAN:
NOSTROMO REROUTED
TO NEW CO-ORDINATES.
INVESTIGATE LIFE FORM. GATHER SPECIMEN.
PRIORITY ONE
INSURE RETURN OF ORGANISM
FOR ANALYSIS.
ALL OTHER CONSIDERATIONS SECONDARY.
CREW EXPENDABLE."

Mike

G7HID

My failed attempt at humor :(
It is a modified screen shot from the film "Alien"..

It is the computer message ordering the ship 'NOSTROMO' to head for another planet and investigate
the possibility of finding an alien lifeform.
This order is to take priority over all other orders.
And that the ship's crew are expendabe..

Mike

mescalero

My failed attempt at humor :(
It is a modified screen shot from the film "Alien"..

It is the computer message ordering the ship 'NOSTROMO' to head for another planet and investigate
the possibility of finding an alien lifeform.
This order is to take priority over all other orders.
And that the ship's crew are expendabe..

Mike

You're terrible Mike !!!
In fact I did not understand anything and I could not explain
Maurizio

MStep

AOR did a good job getting the CW mode back in a timely fashion, although it is a bit discomforting that it appears to have been inadvertently omitted in the last update. But let's keep an eye on the operation of the radio to make sure other features or functions have not also been inadvertently lost or changed.

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
You're terrible Mike !!!
In fact I did not understand anything and I could not explain
Maurizio
Hello,

I got the movie reference, although I did not see how it relates. One of my favorite Alien references from Mel Brooks near the end of the clip.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEEwAvlJOcI

It is good that AOR fixed a couple of problems relatively quickly.

As far as I know the closest TETRA is about 5 hours away in NJ or during the Montreal F1 race weekend. I usually go to the SWL Winterfest in PA in March, so there is a chance I could try out DMO reception during my travels.

BTW, I did the scanner talk at the last Winterfest and mentioned the AOR AR-DV1 as one of the new multi-mode digital receivers.

73 Eric

Last edited:

mescalero

Hello,

I got the movie reference, although I did not see how it relates. One of my favorite Alien references from Mel Brooks near the end of the clip.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEEwAvlJOcI

It is good that AOR fixed a couple of problems relatively quickly.

As far as I know the closest TETRA is about 5 hours away in NJ or during the Montreal F1 race weekend. I usually go to the SWL Winterfest in PA in March, so there is a chance I could try out DMO reception during my travels.

BTW, I did the scanner talk at the last Winterfest and mentioned the AOR AR-DV1 as one of the new multi-mode digital receivers.

73 Eric
hello Eric
In fact I did not understand and did not know the reference hii
We expect their decisions
Meanwhile we run this that give us hii
I hope to revisit one of your projects maybe a version of DSD with "fusion"
Greetings
Maurizio

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
1610B - Still problems

AOR did a good job getting the CW mode back in a timely fashion, although it is a bit discomforting that it appears to have been inadvertently omitted in the last update. But let's keep an eye on the operation of the radio to make sure other features or functions have not also been inadvertently lost or changed.

I have found a bug in 1610B. It is intermittent and concerns squelch.

From time to time, usually after selecting Tetra DMO, when you switch to another mode the squelch becomes unresponsive (manually or under software control).

Sometimes the squelch is completely open (white noise), sometimes closed (no audio). Turning the squelch knob in manual mode has no effect.

This mainly seems to occur in the HF modes, USB, LSB etc. when Line Squelch (LSQ) is in operation, and after the Tetra mode has been previously engaged.

Usually you can put this right by selecting Noise squelch (NSQ). After that you can revert to LSQ and things seem to work. Of course that is easier to do immediately under software control. It certainly works in eSPYonARD.

As I said, BOTH appear to be intermittent, and do not seriously interfere with the radio's operation.

Just be aware if either happens, temporarily switching to NSQ should quickly cure the problem.

G7HID

Be warned that mentioning that you have selectet TETRA on your AR-DV1 may lead to a deluge of messages to you asking:
What frequencies did you listen to?
What did you hear?
Where they encrypted?
Tell me how you did it?
Can you tune mine please?

You have been warned :)

Mike

MStep

I have found a bug in 1610B. It is intermittent and concerns squelch.

From time to time, usually after selecting Tetra DMO, when you switch to another mode the squelch becomes unresponsive (manually or under software control).

Sometimes the squelch is completely open (white noise), sometimes closed (no audio). Turning the squelch knob in manual mode has no effect.

This mainly seems to occur in the HF modes, USB, LSB etc. when Line Squelch (LSQ) is in operation, and after the Tetra mode has been previously engaged.

Usually you can put this right by selecting Noise squelch (NSQ). After that you can revert to LSQ and things seem to work. Of course that is easier to do immediately under software control. It certainly works in eSPYonARD.

As I said, BOTH appear to be intermittent, and do not seriously interfere with the radio's operation.

Just be aware if either happens, temporarily switching to NSQ should quickly cure the problem.

"Intermittent" is a word that strikes fear into the hearts of technicians and hobbyists alike. These are the issues that are the most difficult to track down, because they seem to occur at random times and under varied conditions.

I will do some testing on my own DV1 to see if I can reproduce the issue and perhaps find a set of circumstances that always lead up to the condition occurring. Once the condition with the squelch can be reproduced over and over again, it becomes much easier for the technicians to troubleshoot.

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
Another Bug?

I believe I have discovered another bug in 1610B.

As with others it also relates to VFOZ.

It may also be intermittent, I do not know yet.

Any FM frequency in VFOZ always reverts to 15khz bandwidth, no matter what IFBW is selected.

This happens in MANUAL as well as under software control, so it is firmware related.

This means in VFOZ you cannot engage FM-W (200khz).

This cannot be corrected in software, so no workarounds possible in eSPYonARD.

It appears you can select 200khz if in VFOA or VFOB.

Status
Not open for further replies.