AR-DV1 Receiver Firmware Version 1903A

Status
Not open for further replies.

SigIntel8600

Communications Receiver Nut
Premium Subscriber
April 10 2019 update is out

Feature improvements:

- LCD display can now be mirrored and flipped, for special vehicle applications. (F + 7, down arrow until "LCD DIRECTION", turn mail dial for selection, + ENT)
- Addition of following commands:
LU: Set or read LCD direction. 0 = normal, 1 = mirror, 2 = vertical + mirror, 3 = 180 degrees
TS: Set or read slot number for T-TC mode (0 = Auto, 1 to 4)
(Following commands require time for read and write therefore only send one at a time and wait for complete reponse, to avoid data overflow.)
MYSRCHBK: Output search bank backup file content
MYSRCHGRP: Output search group backup file content
MYMEMCH: Output memory channel backup file content
MYMEMBK: Output memory bank backup file content
MYSCANGRP: Output scan group backup file content
MYSYSTEM: Output all receiver settings backup file content
MZ: Write backup file info

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
Perhaps I am missing somethings here?

http://www.aorja.com/support/manuals/AR-DV10_AND_AR-DV1_COMMAND_LIST_SUMMARY.pdf

They refer people to their update command list above. However that list provides no explanations of how the codes below are used. The List indicates the first six are all READ only. 'MZ' as Read and Write. No other information.

So where I wonder does one Output the information 'to'? There are already commands that READ/WRITE these things to and from the SD Card, which I incorporated into eSPYonARD a long time ago., The only possible explanation I can see is that it 'outputs' via the USB cable to a P.C., but where and under what criteria / circumstances.? Presumably there is no mechanism to read them back into the Radio? Up till now the AR-DV1 never 'mounted' itself as an accessible drive on a P.C. it connected to, which was a drawback. If they have implemented that then the release notes should, and need to say so surely?

The above commands MAY be of use, but without proper information of how to use them and what happens in detail when one does, as it stands they raise questions rather than answers.

The 'TS' command completes codes necessary for T-TC mode information, which may be useful. I suspect with most T-TC signals being encrypted anyway, that monitoring individual 'slots' will be rarely of any use, and 'AUTO' will be the best setting.

'LCD display can now be mirrored and flipped, for special vehicle applications'
Remote Control commands are provided, however I am a bit sceptical about how often anyone will be using their DV1 sideways, upside down, on its side, or viewing it in a mirror when operating the Radio via a P.C.

If anyone does then feel free to correct me.

In any case, a program controlling the Radio will be displaying the necessary information on a Monitor (the right way up I assume, lol?). Providing the Program shows on its display all the information as it appears on the Radio's screen, there should be no need to look at the Receiver at all.

It is really time AOR issued a new Command List, that includes and explains all functions (old and new) in proper detail. The current 'summary' is of little use as it stands now.

Nevertheless I am pleased AOR are still issuing firmware updates for the AR-DV1. Just a pity that where they contain new remote control commands they are so poorly documented.

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
I installed the new firmware with no problems. It did NOT wipe any information from my SD Card.

Far too early to tell if it may have introduced any new problems,, hopefully not.

It does NOT create a 'drive' for the DV1 on the controlling P.C.. So there is no explanation as to where the below commands output information to. As I mentioned there are already similar commands. An unsolved mystery!

In the last hour I have added the new screen orientation commands to eSPYonARD. Sitting here watching the DV1's screen flip, mirror etc as I click the Program's buttons is a strange experience, though considerably less strange than trying to understand why anyone at AOR would have spent time and money implementing it, lol. I can think of a few other very useful functions they could have introduced, and a few that have needed fixing for a long time.

I am intrigued. Are there people out there who regularly use their DV1's upside down, on its side, or only view it in a mirror? Seriously, do tell if so.

I will post here with details of when an eSPYonARD update has been published, incorporating the new commands.

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
Just finished adding T-TC SLOT selection to eSPYonARD. So all new commands will be available when I upload the new version.

I will not do so for at least a few days whilst testing f/w 1903A, and the new Program code additions.

SigIntel8600

Communications Receiver Nut
Premium Subscriber
I installed the new firmware with no problems. It did NOT wipe any information from my SD Card.

Far too early to tell if it may have introduced any new problems,, hopefully not.

It does NOT create a 'drive' for the DV1 on the controlling P.C.. So there is no explanation as to where the below commands output information to. As I mentioned there are already similar commands. An unsolved mystery!

In the last hour I have added the new screen orientation commands to eSPYonARD. Sitting here watching the DV1's screen flip, mirror etc as I click the Program's buttons is a strange experience, though considerably less strange than trying to understand why anyone at AOR would have spent time and money implementing it, lol. I can think of a few other very useful functions they could have introduced, and a few that have needed fixing for a long time.

I am intrigued. Are there people out there who regularly use their DV1's upside down, on its side, or only view it in a mirror? Seriously, do tell if so.

I will post here with details of when an eSPYonARD update has been published, incorporating the new commands.
Thanks for all your testing and information

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
Uploaded v.60007-14 to today.

Incorporates the screen orientation commands and those that involve Tetra 'T-TC' Slot selection in Firmware 1903A.

As mentioned above the other commands are not documented so impossible to add them at this time. There are already commands in eSPYonARD which cover backing up and restoring these items to and from the SD Card.

Status
Not open for further replies.