AR-DV1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclove

Premium Subscriber
Ar-dv1 i buy this unit cuz at the time it was the best out there now all the scanner are catching up to aor whats taking then so long with updates i been waiting a near close to a year just for for then to give trobo talk groups whats taking so long wonder people are stop buying this unit dont get me wrong i love it but so much i cant do with it i guess you get what u pay for it at the time i hope there still hope for aor .............................................

mclove

Premium Subscriber
AOR-DV1

No thank you im keeping it unless you want to buy it i was saying what was on my mine not to get anyone upset so be nice with the smart remakes ok that was uncalled for like i was say i hope aor does sumthing about the update we all waiting im sure im not the only who feels this way thank you hope to here aor soon about the updates ....have a nice day bless

MStep

Ar-dv1 i buy this unit cuz at the time it was the best out there now all the scanner are catching up to aor whats taking then so long with updates i been waiting a near close to a year just for for then to give trobo talk groups whats taking so long wonder people are stop buying this unit dont get me wrong i love it but so much i cant do with it i guess you get what u pay for it at the time i hope there still hope for aor .............................................

The AOR DV1 was never designed to be a typical "scanner". It was designed to be a precision "communications reconnaissance" tool to be used as a stand-alone device, or with third-party software, to accomplish certain types of monitoring activity. I find that my DV1 compliments, rather than replaces, my more traditional scanners like the Unidens.

I agree that it would be nice if the DV1 could be upgraded with firmware to provide more information about various digital signals, but the receiver will never compete with the Uniden "flagship" 436 and 536 models in terms of having full trunking capabilities or other various enhancements. Just as the Uniden 436 and 536 models will likely never provide low band 100 KHz to 25 MHz coverage, or USB, LSB capability, or even D-Star or NXDN for that matter. Each radio has its own strengths and weaknesses.

While my own Uniden scanners are spending full-time scanning away, I find that my DV1 gets more "hands-on" use by me in terms of tuning around and looking for new and exciting things to listen to. I tell all my friends that if they are looking for a "scanner", the DV1 is not my first choice as such. (Note however, that the DV1 does indeed have some unique scan capabilties.) But if they are looking for a wideband receiver with digital (and analog) modes not available in other receivers, the DV1 is a great way to go.

I've been monitoring radio signals for over 60 years, and in that time, I have never found the perfect, all-mode, all-function receiver. You pick the best that suites your needs to start with, and then add to that collection as funds permit, to broaden and enhance your communications reconnoitering activity.

rustynswrail

No thank you im keeping it unless you want to buy it i was saying what was on my mine not to get anyone upset so be nice with the smart remakes ok that was uncalled for like i was say i hope aor does sumthing about the update we all waiting im sure im not the only who feels this way thank you hope to here aor soon about the updates ....have a nice day bless

It was not a smart remake, but rather a valid comment. It seems the norm these days that people do not do any homework or research into potential purchases. Instead, there is a new toy on the shelves I must have it. The pages of this and other forums world wide are full of those complaining about their equipment because it doesn't do what they expected it would. Never mind the manufacturer never intended the AOR ARDV1 to be a scanner, it has always been a communications receiver that happens to scan.

Updates as you refer to them are limited by many things, research and development costs, licencing costs and consumer need. I don't recall AOR ever saying the DV1 would be capable of receiving TMO TETRA. If it does in some form in the future so be it. I do remember AOR mentioning that the DV1 will never have trunking, so kind of limits things, does it?

My comment, smart or otherwise stands, if you are not entirely happy with the DV1 sell it.

R

prc117f

I would sell it and get the new ICOM IC-R8600 coming out

ande2078

Any ideal what the cost of IC-8600 is going to be. I see where the IC-9500 costs over 12000.00 way over my budget. I'm thinking the IC-8600 isn't going to be much under that. I stumbled across the AR-DV1 which is in my budget waiting on delivery now any day now

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

prc117f

Any ideal what the cost of IC-8600 is going to be. I see where the IC-9500 costs over 12000.00 way over my budget. I'm thinking the IC-8600 isn't going to be much under that. I stumbled across the AR-DV1 which is in my budget waiting on delivery now any day now

It will be priced about 1800 no where nere 9500 price

MStep

Best guess on the cost of the R8600 is somewhere between $1,995 and $2,495 USD. No one should expect that the R8600 is going to be anything near the R9500 in terms of capabilities.

prc117f

Best guess on the cost of the R8600 is somewhere between $1,995 and $2,495 USD. No one should expect that the R8600 is going to be anything near the R9500 in terms of capabilities.

Correct. IT will be better than DV1 but less than R9500. The price I have seen is more between 1800-2100

MStep

Correct. IT will be better than DV1 but less than R9500. The price I have seen is more between 1800-2100

Not sure if "better" is the operative word here, although I understand your intent. Perhaps more bells and whistles, and perhaps cleaner reception below 30 MHz. So far, I've seen no mention of the R8600 doing trunking.

But the one big advantage that the DV1 has over the R8600 is mobility. The form factor of the DV1 is perfect for mobile applications, whereas it appears the Icom is definitely base-operation oriented.

So let's see what time holds in store for the R8600. I'm always excited when a new receiver is introduced, and Icom has a pretty good reputation.

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
Can you defeat DMR CC's and NXDN Ran codes

Once you have determined the DMR Color Code and NXDN RAN code is there a way to defeat it from showing? In particular when you are scanning frequencies programmed via software. I would rather the Alpha numeric I assigned it to stay on during a transmission.

I'm using the ARC software.

Status
Not open for further replies.