ARC125: Arc 125 Importing more thancan fit into one bank ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoeHammer

Premium Subscriber
trying to learn ARC ,..I would like to import a system from rr , it contains more than 50 frequencies , it imports fine , but only into one bank at a time , I dont see how I can continue to import into the next bank at the frequency where it left off in the first ,..Is there a way to import a system that is large enough to go over a few banks & have it just automatically fill & continue from bank to bank until it gets all the frequencies in that system ?

Eugene

FoeHammer: I too have the ARC software for the UBC125......minor differences but I to have that issue. AS FAR AS I KNOW......you have to carry over to the next bank. Hope that helps.

Eugene KG4AVE

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
ARC 125

Your other choice is a new scanner that does not use banks. The 125 is a good radio and part of my collection, but accepting the limitations of the banks is one of the choices you make when you use it.

Scan125

Scan125 can import from a source of over 50 channels.

To do this one uses Scan125Convert utility to read data from a CSV file. You tell Scan125Convert what data is in which column. (create a profile if you wish) you then select a target Bank and Channel or an absolute channel number where you wish to start placing the data from. An output file will be created which Scan125 can read and program the scanner accordingly.

I'll admit this is a two step process but method and logic is to cater for many different formats of files used around the internet and on CDs.

See: https://www.nick-bailey.co.uk/scan125convert/index.html

FoeHammer

Premium Subscriber
In the next build we will add an option to import into multiple banks.

Gommert
Butel Software

That would be awesome , love the software , the ability to load an entire system of over 50 channels across multiple banks would be great , I also plan on getting the bct15x , it looks like I choose the XT software for that one , & the sds100 Im not clear how it is programmed,. with the database on the card ,..should I get some software to make that easier too ?

FoeHammer

Premium Subscriber
It is added now in ARC125 2.0 build2. Please give it a try.

Gommert
Butel Software

hmm it looks like it should work , however when I click import it says at least one frequency must be selected ? but I already checked the boxes ? it also shows the banks going to channel 999 now ? shouldn't they only go to 500 with 50 per bank ? UPDATE : Ok I got it working again , sorry that was my fault , I forgot to put my keys in again when I got the new version , Now it imports frequencies ,..I was a bit thrown by the browser on the side showing channels in blocks like 0-99 , confusing that with how many should be per bank ,..But it appears to work ,..Now when importing a large system it will fill through multiple banks if the option is selected , ARC is really nice software ,especially now that Im older & have less patience for programming .makes me want buy more radios ....

Last edited:

FoeHammer

Premium Subscriber
ok I am getting it again , I imported one system just fine , & then when I tried a second it came up with a message box " at least one frequency must be selected " I checked all the boxes , Its not expanding to show any frequencies , it says 0/0 on the bottom right , not sure what Im doing wrong, it is as if it is pulling all the data , except the frequencies .. For Example ,..when I go to import >canada>nationwide >common military> snowbirds ,..It doesnt seem to pull any frequencies ?

Last edited:

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
Check the service tag filter settings in the Service tag tab. When I select Common Military there are 10 frequencies imported. If there is 0/0 shown then there are no frequencies to import.

Gommert
Butel Software

FoeHammer

Premium Subscriber
ok I think it was my user error again , I notice when I select ALL fields from the dropdowns such as state & county ,..it works ,.it shows the 10 frequencies ,..What I was doing,.. was NOT ,selecting anything for the state & county fields because ,I figured that because I selected the nationwide selection ,..so that those dropdowns would not matter ,..but it appears they must have a value selected to get the correct path to the frequencies I think ,...So if you want to import nationwaide frequencies ,..even though they are nationwide , you still need to select a location in the state & county dropdown boxes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.