ARC vs ProScan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJ4LZM

This may be a Ford/Chevy situation, but for programming/monitoring/recording software for a BCT15X, which of the two (ARC or ProScan is mostly preferred?

I am looking for RR database functionality, full-time data collection and recording, excel file compatible.

Pros and Cons needed!

KJ4LZM

How is the audio recording done with Proscan? With ARC, it seems to be using the external mic of my computer. So this means that I have to have the volume up on the scanner to be able to record the audio. Is there a way to have it record directly to the PC? I see an audio out jack on the scanner but don't know if that can be used in conjunction with the software to tag recordings.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
With the 536, Proscan records the digital audio stream from Wi-Fi. For other models, an analog cable connection is required. With the audio and serial both connected, recordings are made and tagged appropriately automatically.

NYRHKY94

KJ4LZM:

As noted above, I concur with the other guys in recommending ProScan for your proposed set-up. I currently have my BCT15X running on ProScan for both a live feed on Radio Reference and also for recording. You would want to connect an audio cable from the REC out jack on the back of the scanner to the Line-In on a PC soundcard (or a USB sound card). ProScan has a fully functional 30-day free trial so you have nothing to lose by giving it a try. Screen shot below for my set-up (with the Recording tab in ProScan highlighted):

Attachments

• BCT15X ProScan Recording.jpg
    BCT15X ProScan Recording.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:

KJ4LZM

Thanks for the referrals and the setup info.
I downloaded PS and ordered a USB sound card from Amzn. Should be here tomorrow.

BTW....In PS, How do I bulk select things such as Tone and Mod, to apply to many frequency entries at one time instead of having to change each one separately?
J

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the referrals and the setup info.
I downloaded PS and ordered a USB sound card from Amzn. Should be here tomorrow.

BTW....In PS, How do I bulk select things such as Tone and Mod, to apply to many frequency entries at one time instead of having to change each one separately?
J

Use the Find & Replace utility in the Utilities menu.

KJ4LZM

Use the Find & Replace utility in the Utilities menu.

ProScan...
I see the Find/Replace but I dont see how I can use it to bulk-set the "Tone" to "Search" for all of the channels or to check the "Record" box, or to set all of the channels to WFM, etc

Am I missing something?

CQ

Both. I tested both and for my needs, ARC was my initial choice but then added ProScan later.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Definitely ProScan. Virtual display looks great and works with no issues.

I paid for Pro version of ARC500 for WS1065 scanner and could never get virtual control to work. All Butel would ever tell me is 'reload drivers, reload drivers, reload drivers' then ignored me when that didn't work. I purchased ProScan and works like a charm. And, customer service with ProScan is actually there and they fix your problem. I will be a lifelong customer.

Status
Not open for further replies.