• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

arc500 AND THE wHISTLER 1040

Status
Not open for further replies.

teufler

Premium Subscriber
Is there a way to have a 1040 scan ONLY the id's stored in the radio rather than search. I have a Unniden 396xt, when you set up a system, you can select id search or id scan. So when I program and set up a system or whatever its called with the Whistler scanner, I want to scan the id's stored rather than scan search id's.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Is there a way to have a 1040 scan ONLY the id's stored in the radio rather than search. I have a Unniden 396xt, when you set up a system, you can select id search or id scan. So when I program and set up a system or whatever its called with the Whistler scanner, I want to scan the id's stored rather than scan search id's.
Do you have a wildcard programmed for that system?

Using Wildcard for a TGID is equivalent to Unidens search. I programmed the TGID's I want to scan then assign them a scan list #. If you want to search for TGID's then assign wildcard to a dedicated scan list with nothing else in it. Make sure no wildcards are in any other scan list. Mine is like this: list 1 is state police, list 2 is city, 3 is fire and so on. I set list 7 as a wildcard, but leave it off unless I want to search for something i have not programmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.