arc500 AND THE wHISTLER 1040

Status
Not open for further replies.

teufler

Is there a way to have a 1040 scan ONLY the id's stored in the radio rather than search. I have a Unniden 396xt, when you set up a system, you can select id search or id scan. So when I program and set up a system or whatever its called with the Whistler scanner, I want to scan the id's stored rather than scan search id's.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Is there a way to have a 1040 scan ONLY the id's stored in the radio rather than search. I have a Unniden 396xt, when you set up a system, you can select id search or id scan. So when I program and set up a system or whatever its called with the Whistler scanner, I want to scan the id's stored rather than scan search id's.

Do you have a wildcard programmed for that system?

sprite1741

Using Wildcard for a TGID is equivalent to Unidens search. I programmed the TGID's I want to scan then assign them a scan list #. If you want to search for TGID's then assign wildcard to a dedicated scan list with nothing else in it. Make sure no wildcards are in any other scan list. Mine is like this: list 1 is state police, list 2 is city, 3 is fire and so on. I set list 7 as a wildcard, but leave it off unless I want to search for something i have not programmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.