ARC500 PRO and 197 - nothing enabled?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesPrine

Hello all!

Got a PRO-197 yesterday and immediately purchased ARC500 PRO for it..I've had great success with other Butel ARC software and I wanted to stick with it.

So far, everything works well escept for the 'Nothing Enabled' display when the unit turns on. I tried manually programming a local P25 system and the receiver works flawlessly, but when I loaded all the local systems, I get the 'Nothing Enabled' message.

I know I have to program in Scan Lists, and though I looked through the ARC500 PRO manual, I didn't see anything relating to it. Mebbe I'm just tired, or didn't see how to do that on the tiny netbook screen <g>.

Can someone please give me a step-by-step of how to program in a Scan List?

Thanks!

crwcrw

Premium Subscriber
"Nothing enabled" means no scan lists have been selected on the scanner

Scan lists are equivalent to "Banks", but they do not actually hold the frequency information, scan lists are linked to the larger database you enter into the scanner's memory. That way you only have to enter an object (frequency or talk group) one time regardless of how many scan lists you want it to belong to.

The GRE manual explains Object Oriented Scanning better than the RS manual
PSR-600 User Manual v1.2 - Updated 02/21/08 - Powered By Kayako SupportSuite

Another good manual is available here:
Easier to Read Pro-106/197/PSR500/600 Digital Scanner Manual

Quick Start using ARC500:
Step one: Open Arc500 to Object Browser
Step two: Download objects from RR using, "Internet->RadioReference Import" from the menu bar or manually enter scannable objects (conventional freqs., TGRP's), you only need enter them once, then
Step three: You can assign objects using Object Browser to as many scan lists as you like by double clicking the Scan List "cell" for an object. This gives a drop down where you can check the scan list(s) to which you wish to assign an object. You can also pre-select scan lists when downloading from RR.
Step four: Upload to scanner
Step four: Scan, making sure at least one scan list is enabled using scanner keypad.

After you get the basics and really have time to "explore" ARC500 I think you will be pleased with it. I "test drove" several software packages and liked them all, but for me ARC500 was the most intuitive. I did not really see any great advantage of any one software package over the others. It comes down to personal preference.

JamesPrine

Still not working

Sorry, I was too exhausted to explain my problem properly during my initial post.

My ARC500PRO software is all paid for and is the current version.

I used ARC500 PRO to download all the agency information I wanted: frequencies, tags, LED assignments, etc; all these were obtained via the internal Radio Reference link..

All that was downloaded into the PRO197 successfully; I checked the 'objects' and they all transferred properly and completely.

When I try to scan, I get the 'Nothing Enabled' message. I cannot get the scanner to scan Scan List 01, which is where I think I put it.

I am certain my problem is that I cannot understand how to link all the downloaded information to a Scan List itself, using the 500ARC Pro software.

I have read the ARC500 Manual, and canot find out what I need to do to create a scan list and link all my objects to it.

Understand that I did not receive a manual with my PRO-197 scanner; I downloaded PDF quick-start and owner's manuals from the Radio Shack website but I have to view them on a tiny netbook screen, which, frankly, I am having a very difficult and frustrating time trying to view.

I do not know if my ARC500 PRO software is faulty (doubtful), or it is just me overlooking something simple?

Thank you for any help.

bwilliams2

I have the same problem I'll will try to follow James instructions. The problem is I cannot get the info to the scan list. It goes to the not scanned list.
Brian

JamesPrine

Problem solved!

I got my PRO-197 programmed at long last and it is functiong perfectly!

No, I did not use my paid-for ARC500PRO software; in desperation, I tried Win500 and, without even reading any instructions, easily downloaded all my information into the PRO-197 and it ran like a scalded cat.

Why isn't ARC500 PRO so easy and intuitive? Oh well...c'est la vie, but I will never buy any more software from BuTel merely upon the reputation, and my experience, with their other software packages.

Yes, I am now a confirmed Win500 freak, and am glad of it.

BTW, the PRO-197 is amazing, and I am thrilled to have one.

bwilliams2

I tried turning on and selecting the scan list in arc 500 but still no dice. mabe i will try win 500.
unless anbody has other ideas.

bwilliams2

I got ARC 500 to work. When in object brouser you have to set a scanlist in the scanlist colum. Then when it goes to the radio the information is in the right place to scan.
Thanks for the help

donnor1

ARc500 SOFTWARE QUESTION

HELLO I AND KNOW THIS MESSAGE DOES NOT DEAL WITH YOUR PROBLEM. But if you do not mind me asking about your BuTel software. Do you have the ARC500 software installed?? If so I have a question for you that I have a post looking for help but no one has come up with a solution. When you open your software in the top toolbar there is a button saying " RR" which when you click it it opens a box were you can but your user name and P/W in and it connects to the RadioRefererence data base and you can choose you country and state or province and import data to it. DOES YOURS CONNECT WHEN YOU CLICK THE RR BUTTON AND YOU CAN IMPORT DATA. Mine will not connect and if yours does do you have any idea what you did to make it work? Hope to hear from you and bye from Don.

bwilliams2

My software does connect. I have cable internet acess. To connect you have to upgrade your Radio Refeence membership to one of the paid subcriptions. The other problem may be you have to connect to the internet before sterting ARCV500.

Status
Not open for further replies.