Arc996

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Ok, Anyone else using it yet? I have some questions/gripes:

1. Can you not import from RR to an exisitng system? Must you have to create a new one?

2. Why does it import all talkgroups into seperate groups. Is there an option to import all 250 into one group? I hate using groups in my systems, I like to keep it simple and only have one group. I do not see an option for this, I think there needs to be one.

Last edited:

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I think you're in the minority when it comes to groups. I think most people like to use groups.

However, there is a simple answer to both your questions: cut and paste.

I usually import a system and then use the cut and paste feature to pick which talkgroups or frequencies I want to keep. I just paste them into my existing system.

Same with one group for all your talkgroups/frequencies. Import the system and then just cut and paste from every group arc996 creates into your super group.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Thanks Mike:) I knew about the cut and paste, But doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose of web import? I could use other methods to copy, cut, and paste to get the info without even using web import feature.

I guess I am a little miffed that this is not an option..Minority or not, would it really be hard to add this as an option, just like the "do not modify tags with less than 16 characters" there could be a "import all into one group"...I guess I'm use to WIN96..I'm not liking the web import at all, which is the main reason I bought this, and feel like this will be a big reason most others will to..I can do most of all this other stuff in the UASD..

scannerfreak

Database Admin
PS- I get an error message when trying to import 250 talkgroups. It tells me the scanner can only hold 200, this is not the case, the 996 can hold 250

K9GTJ

I am using it and like groups.

My wish is to expand virtual control to full screen so I can see more of the logging.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
ya no big deal..I'll get use to it...The more I'm using it now, the more I like it, suppose it will grow on me..Also I know there are not any firmware updates for the 996 yet, but clicking on the firmware update link takes you to the Uniden 396 page...

Last edited:

RISC777

scanner_freak said:
PS- I get an error message when trying to import 250 talkgroups. It tells me the scanner can only hold 200, this is not the case, the 996 can hold 250
It is most likely an ARC limitation. That same topic's been discussed in one or a couple of Yahoo Groups already. Some call it a bug, but in other ARC versions/flavors it's a software "restriction" so to call it. So that may be what you're experiencing with the 996 beta.

`Doug

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
A ARC996 trunk group can hold 250 channels just like the 996. There is a bug in the ARC996 radioref import that limits to 200 id's and is fixed in 0.901 release.

Also please report ARC996 issues by email to us since it is not officially released yet, ARC996 is still in beta.

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com

Last edited:

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Gommert, I have having a problem importing conventional. It will only import the system name and type and not any groups or freq's. even though they are all checked. I am trying to import 10 sub catagories (or groups) and about 50 freq's for this paticular system. Any advise?

billdarnes

Is anyone in the Richmond Va.area useing ARC996.
Need some one on one help....
Please give me a call or an email and I will call.
To. Bill
w4wid
804 3704222,262 2844 / w4wid3@i-c.net

Todd-NG

billdarnes said:
Is anyone in the Richmond Va.area useing ARC996.
Need some one on one help....
Please give me a call or an email and I will call.
To. Bill
w4wid
804 3704222,262 2844 / w4wid3@i-c.net

Bill,

You might want to also post this request in the Virginia forum, I think you will get a better response there.

Status
Not open for further replies.