ARC996T beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

WX5JCH

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I found out from Grommett that you can purchase the ARC996 software now and get the beta version to download right then and get the full version of the software when it's available. I'm placing my order today!

Jim

garys

Premium Subscriber
I don't have a huge problem with the way he's doing this. First, he's giving a $5.00 discount if you pre order. He's also soliciting real world use comments from active users. I bought the software, tried it and sent him some suggestions. He's already released a second beta, and based on past experience he makes changes and updates pretty frequently.

Gary

STiMULi

He creates great software but... buy a beta?

How about a free beta that expires and then give a discount to active reporters instead?

STiMULi

scanner_freak said:
Looks at butel's web site...they have a "tree" listing the differences..

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Option ARC996BASIC($39.95)++++++++++++ ARC996PRO($69.95)
Enhanced Editor for conv./trunk channels ++++++++++++++++++Yes++++++++++++++++++++++ Yes
Multi Trunk site programming ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Yes++++++++++++++++++++++ Yes
'Basic' Virtual Control ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Yes+++++++++++++++++++++++Yes
RadioRef Import ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Yes++++++++++++++++++++++ Yes
WebCatcher +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Yes"]++++++++++++++++++++ Yes
Automatic BC996T Firmware check ++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Yes++++++++++++++++++++++ Yes
Data logging/history +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ No++++++++++++++++++++++++Yes
'no loss' Harddisk Audio Recording +++++++++++++++++++++++ No ++++++++++++++++++++++ Yes
Closecall/Subtone logging ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ No ++++++++++++++++++++++ Yes

++++++++++++++++++++++

mclove

Premium Subscriber
Arc-396

HI CAN ANYONE TELL IF U CAN Backup YOUR 396 files AND PUT THEN IN THE 996 Backup CLONE files

oregontreehugger

Premium Subscriber
One of the great features I liked when I had my 246T and Butel's software was the frequency/TGID/CTCSS logging.

With my new BCT-15 I'm afraid coughing up something in the neighborhood of $70 is just a little too much. "Pro" version or not.

Go-24

oregontreehugger said:
One of the great features I liked when I had my 246T and Butel's software was the frequency/TGID/CTCSS logging.

With my new BCT-15 I'm afraid coughing up something in the neighborhood of $70 is just a little too much. "Pro" version or not.

I have to agree, $30 extra for logging/recording seems to be a bit much. I paid it for my 396, and I paid it for my 246, both work great but I won't be paying it for my 996 or my 15. I expect other programs to become available for those soon, most of which will be free or by donation ;)

STiMULi

STiMULi said:
He creates great software but... buy a beta?

How about a free beta that expires and then give a discount to active reporters instead?

Looks like the Beta is available on the BUTEL site now...

Basic Version
Pro version

Option ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ARC996BASIC($39.95)++++++++++++ ARC996PRO($69.95)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Enhanced Editor for conv./trunk channels ++++++++++++++++++Yes++++++++++++++++++++++ Yes
Multi Trunk site programming ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Yes++++++++++++++++++++++ Yes
'Basic' Virtual Control ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Yes+++++++++++++++++++++++Yes
RadioRef Import ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Yes++++++++++++++++++++++ Yes
WebCatcher +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Yes"]++++++++++++++++++++ Yes
Automatic BC996T Firmware check ++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Yes++++++++++++++++++++++ Yes
Data logging/history +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ No++++++++++++++++++++++++Yes
'no loss' Harddisk Audio Recording +++++++++++++++++++++++ No ++++++++++++++++++++++ Yes
Closecall/Subtone logging ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ No ++++++++++++++++++++++ Yes

Gommert, I will buy it now that I have seen and tested it :) Good stuff!

Where do you want the Bug reports?

Last edited:

garys

Premium Subscriber
Those sites are supposed to be for people who have prepayed for the software. I'm pretty sure that Gommert did not want them published.

Gary

scannerfreak

Database Admin
garys said:
Those sites are supposed to be for people who have prepayed for the software. I'm pretty sure that Gommert did not want them published.

Gary

It is published clealy on the website under downloads and Beta Versions. I think it's ok..

garys

Premium Subscriber
I didn't see it the first time through. Never mind.

Gary

WX5JCH

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Well I have the beta, and I love it. it's along the same lines as the 246/386 layout. Seems everything works well.

STiMULi

I just bought the PRO version. It has bugs but HEY! Its a Beta :)

Kicks UASDs Butt bigtime.

If you have a 996 and you do not have this software you are wasting your time!

garys

Premium Subscriber
Terrific software. The initial release had a few bugs, but Butel jumped on them very quickly. We should see the production release in early August, at least I hope so.

Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.