Archive Audio is NOT Correct

Status
Not open for further replies.

Utah_Viper

I am trying to gather the audio of an incident last week. The incident was a bank robbery, police chase, and officer that was killed. The incident was on the Muskegon frequencies (I was listening live at home) and began around 10:30 on October 13th or so. The archives of that time period though on the Muskegon feed have a different day or something as there is NOTHING from this incident which lasted at least a hour or longer.

Feed Archives for: Muskegon and Oceana Counties Police and Fire

This archive has become very vital today as a news report has come out that the FBI was already following the suspects BEFORE the robbery and this could have all been prevented. They have now had the Sherriff retract or deny making that statement.

I know for a fact that on the Muskegon Police scanner they mentioned that the FBI was there right away.

Can anyone figure out what day the correct audio is posted? has RR been ordered to remove the audio and was it replaced????

Last edited:

Utah_Viper

My audio feed archives are spot on. Possibly check your local vs. system times?

I highly doubt RR will alter archives.

All other feeds are correct. the only feed that will not pull up the correct audio is that one..... the one that mentioned the FBI already being there. Its not my feed.

Utah_Viper

If an Admin can please help to find the correct audio recorded on the Muskegon County feed from 10-13-011 from 10:00am until 1:00pm EDT it would be greatly appreciated. There has been a major news development where we need the exact audio from that time frame.

Feed Archives for: Muskegon and Oceana Counties Police and Fire

Seems the audio now has been FULLY removed as the other day there was at leaset some radio traffic but not what had been on the actual scanner at that time.

Has the FBI ordered this audio removed?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
The incident was on the Muskegon frequencies (I was listening live at home) and began around 10:30 on October 13th or so.

You were listening live on a scanner, or live on the feed?

Before you go crazy with conspiracy theories about the boogey man making the audio disappear, have you considered the possibility that the incident was never actually broadcast over this particular live feed? That maybe the feed provider had those frequencies/talkgroups locked out? That there was a problem with reception on the scanner used for the feed?

What proof do you have that the incident was ever broadcast over that feed to begin with, much less that any archives of it magically disappeared?

I'm not surprised no admins have replied in this thread. :roll:

Utah_Viper

You were listening live on a scanner, or live on the feed?

Before you go crazy with conspiracy theories about the boogey man making the audio disappear, have you considered the possibility that the incident was never actually broadcast over this particular live feed? That maybe the feed provider had those frequencies/talkgroups locked out? That there was a problem with reception on the scanner used for the feed?

What proof do you have that the incident was ever broadcast over that feed to begin with, much less that any archives of it magically disappeared?

I'm not surprised no admins have replied in this thread. :roll:

Unless the feed changed RIGHT during the times listed this feed has the correct frequencies before, after, and currently.

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
All the feed archives for this feed are there and that feed has had a 100% up time for just about a month. If you are clicking on the archives for that time frame and not hearing anything, we have nothing to do with that. What you hear is what was recorded by the scanner. The FBI has not ordered anyone to "remove" anything.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Utah_Viper,

We haven't changed, removed, or censored anything. You might want to take to heart what Chauffeur6 is indicating.

Your FBI conspiracy theory claims are borderline scary.

Utah_Viper

Utah_Viper,

We haven't changed, removed, or censored anything. You might want to take to heart what Chauffeur6 is indicating.

Your FBI conspiracy theory claims are borderline scary.

Thanks Lindsay.... Not sure why the feed is messed up from that time. I have also sent the stream provider a PM hoping to get any answers. As the the "FBI Conspiracy" being crazy you would have to know the whole story. Even the media is working on that part of the story.

Basically, quite a few people in Muskegon listening to the scanner that morning all heard the direct reports that the FBI was trailing the bank robbery suspects. This was immediately after the first dispatch of the robbery even occurred. Officers then also reported that the FBI advised them about the suspects switching vehicles. Subsequently a major pursuit took place resulting in a Officer being ran over and killed.

WOOD TV 8 reported later about the FBI involvement. They had even spoke to the Muskegon County Sheriff who since the report was released has now backtracked on that part of the story. Without the actual radio traffic there is no way to back up what several people heard that morning.

The implications are that the FBI bungled the surveillance operation and it resulted in the loss of an officers life. Very serious situation. If it can be proved then there is a strong possibility that jobs will be lost, and possible criminal and civil matters will come about.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, the reality is that you should not and cannot rely on audio feeds hosted on this site to try to make legal interpretations regarding an incident. Even though we host many feeds that are officially broadcast from agencies, our platform should never be relied on to provide legal forensics regarding radio communications.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

I question the OP's "need" for the feed archives. He he/she were in a position to truly "need" the archives, it would be done via a subpoena, not a ranting post on a public forum.

KJ6HCB

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

I question the OP's "need" for the feed archives. He he/she were in a position to truly "need" the archives, it would be done via a subpoena, not a ranting post on a public forum.

Exactly. Any real "need" would be secured from the PD Dispatch Center.

Let the police do their jobs. You obviously are not one.

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
Could it be a matter of the audio being overheard was in talk around or simplex? The scanner monitoring the repeater for the feed may not have been in range to hear the simplex?

Status
Not open for further replies.