Archive files/Audio out of place

Status
Not open for further replies.

ffemt134

Hello! I just had a question regarding something that happens every now and then with my feed archives. Sometimes, I notice that the audio is out of place, time-wise from where it should be in the file. Just as an example---I went to listen to a house fire call from yesterday (9/3) on my feed archives, and grabbed the file that went from 3:22 PM-3:52 PM. This particular call began around 3:30 PM, however as soon as I started to play the file, the audio that was playing was from whenever units were well into the fire. Then about 5-10 minutes after that segment, the audio from the *original* dispatch for this particular call comes in! So it almost appears as though sometimes audio from the end of the file is being placed at the beginning somehow. Any suggestions/tips as to why this happens, or how to fix this?

Thanks!

richtidd

Database Admin
Hello! I just had a question regarding something that happens every now and then with my feed archives. Sometimes, I notice that the audio is out of place, time-wise from where it should be in the file. Just as an example---I went to listen to a house fire call from yesterday (9/3) on my feed archives, and grabbed the file that went from 3:22 PM-3:52 PM. This particular call began around 3:30 PM, however as soon as I started to play the file, the audio that was playing was from whenever units were well into the fire. Then about 5-10 minutes after that segment, the audio from the *original* dispatch for this particular call comes in! So it almost appears as though sometimes audio from the end of the file is being placed at the beginning somehow. Any suggestions/tips as to why this happens, or how to fix this?

Thanks!

You maybe listening to the feed via the web player.

If so, the looping or repeating, echo, re buffering or stopping, of the feed is a known bug with the web player & sometimes with WMP and the Java player as well.

What you are hearing is audio that was cached by the browser the last time you listened along with the current feed audio.

I listen to feeds with WinAmp or iTunes.

However, you can try clearing your browser cash.
To clear the Java Plug-in cache:
1.Click Start > Control Panel.
2.Double-click the Java icon in the control panel.
The Java Control Panel appears.
3.Click Settings under Temporary Internet Files.
The Temporary Files Settings dialog box appears.
4.Click Delete Files.
The Delete Temporary Files dialog box appears.
There are three options on this window to clear the cache.
1.Delete Files
2.View Applications
3.View Applets
5.Click OK on Delete Temporary Files window.
Note: This deletes all the Downloaded Applications and Applets from the cache.
6.Click OK on Temporary Files Settings window.

Note: If you want to delete a specific application and applet from the cache, click on View Application and View Applet options respectively.

ibagli

This is an issue that happens with the files themselves from time to time. I've had it happen, in the downloadable MP3 files, when the feed went offline. The period after the outage came first, and then the period before the outage came after.

ffemt134

This is an issue that happens with the files themselves from time to time. I've had it happen, in the downloadable MP3 files, when the feed went offline. The period after the outage came first, and then the period before the outage came after.

Ah, okay...so it's not just me then. I'm actually doing the same as you---I download the time slots that I'm interested as MP3 files and then use an audio editor to visually "see" where the audio is as opposed to sitting through dead air; and listen to it that way. I rarely, if ever, use the web player/WMP/etc. for archive files.

jbertrand

Ah, okay...so it's not just me then. I'm actually doing the same as you---I download the time slots that I'm interested as MP3 files and then use an audio editor to visually "see" where the audio is as opposed to sitting through dead air; and listen to it that way. I rarely, if ever, use the web player/WMP/etc. for archive files.

I have had this happen also. A little confusing some times when it happens. I also wish there was a way to know which archived files had audio on them so I could just download those files, since I mainly listen to a rural area.

Status
Not open for further replies.