ARINC Southern California SELCAL HF help

Status
Not open for further replies.

majoco

Stirrer
So all you've told me is that the ARINC people you hear on HF are merely mailmen who pass messages, much like they do here, except here they are all qualified controllers employed by the Airways Corporation - one shift they may be controlling, next shift - mailmen, and women of course.

There is no need for a third party like LDOC to make contact with the airline offices - we only have the one home base international airline and I believe they lease a direct line and transmitter/receiver combination from our Airways Corporation. Other airlines that transit through or terminate are all handled by Air NZ so the communication link is the same for all. The frequencies are the same for all the other airlines that are in the Alliance network so an AirNZ aircraft overflying Europe can call British Airways ops easily.

ai8o

Brachiating Tetrapod
So all you've told me is that the ARINC people you hear on HF are merely mailmen who pass messages, much like they do here, except here they are all qualified controllers employed by the Airways Corporation - one shift they may be controlling, next shift - mailmen, and women of course.

There is no need for a third party like LDOC to make contact with the airline offices - we only have the one home base international airline and I believe they lease a direct line and transmitter/receiver combination from our Airways Corporation. Other airlines that transit through or terminate are all handled by Air NZ so the communication link is the same for all. The frequencies are the same for all the other airlines that are in the Alliance network so an AirNZ aircraft overflying Europe can call British Airways ops easily.

ai8o

Brachiating Tetrapod
<<<<<So all you've told me is that the ARINC people you hear on HF are merely mailmen who pass messages,>>>
Thats right.
They are not mailmen, Some are females.
They are "message handlers" employed by ARINC.
They are not US government employees.

<<<<There is no need for a third party like LDOC to make contact with the airline offices>>>>>

Unfortunately, this is not the case in the USA.
Off the top of my head I can think of at least 20-30 international airlines that operate in and out of North America.
Not including the vast areas of the Pacific that the US FAA provides ATC services under agreements with ICAO.
ARINC message handlers provide the interface between the FAA ATC in Oakland and aircraft in flight.
SEE: Pacific HF Assignments

Even AEROFLOT uses ARINC LDOC.

Status
Not open for further replies.