Ark Fish & Game talk around

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbswetnam

I know that Fish and Game Commission is now on AWIN, but I heard activity on their talk-around frequency of 153.9350 MHz this afternoon (transmitting CSQ), so they are still not entirely on AWIN.

weather4ar

Don't throw out any of the old VHF-FM frequencies. AHTD, AFC, & AG&FC radio systems are all designated as backups to AWIN in the event of an outage or emergency.

Last edited:

jhsands

Feed Provider
Don't throw out any of the old VHF-FM frequencies. AHTD, AFC, & AG&FC radio systems are all designated as backups to AWIN in the event of an outage or emergency.
AGF has some areas that AWIN doesn't cover that their current VHF covers. Mt Holly, Arkansas area is one of those.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Most State Agencies have a mix of radios, from Motorola APXes (6000, 7000, and very few 8000 so far), to a few with old XTSes (Being phased out), to Kenwoods, to both an VHF HT and a P25 one (And dual mobiles)... But as the Phase II upgrades come into play, you will see more and more of the newer generation radios on hips and in vehicles. The dual banders and multi banders will be showing up more and more so that they will not need to have 2 or more radios to talk to County/Municipalities and poor coverage areas (also being addressed with more sites etc.).as well as use AWIN. And yeah you can be sure some of the guys n gals will even have the multi mode toys that do DMR/P25, or NXDN/P25.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.