Arkansas Entergy updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Guys, please have a peek at your areas and see if any of the old analog sites are still online. If not, please submit any new P25 converted sites data that is NOT in the DB. As well as any new TGs, TY!

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
I thought this had been discussed before but maybe not. Anyway, I know from one person who works there that radios were changed out in the trucks quite awhile back. I'm not saying none of the analog sites still exist or that they aren't online but they aren't being used, at least not in this region.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
But yes, more data on the new (i.e. current P25 PII) system would be great. As you know, I've submitted a few TGs that I've caught around here but that's all I've heard in this area.

INDY72

I thought this had been discussed before but maybe not. Anyway, I know from one person who works there that radios were changed out in the trucks quite awhile back. I'm not saying none of the analog sites still exist or that they aren't online but they aren't being used, at least not in this region.

Yes it has been discussed, but as it is an developing system, I want to get the most recent data, and keep it accurate. Until the full system is converted and I can put the analog to bed, I will keep asking. :) I know its not as exciting as the AWIN, but we do need to keep the data accurate and up to date. Especially with scanners like the HP series including the X36's, TRX series, the new SDS100 that folks roll plug n play with and use the GPS location based scanning etc... If someone just runs with the DB and is not savvy on what is on and how to verify that info, they will scan both systems, and if the analog is offlined it is just slowing the scanners down being in an active scanning. SO once we fully know that old system is gone, I can send it to the TRS graveyard and it will be out of the way.

I miss being able to gas up the ride, and run all over MS, LA, AR, TN, and parts of AL and just "War Scan" as it were and gather and verify data. But since that cant happen I depend on all you folks out there to be my eyes and ears on the ground so to speak. You guys n gals are how we get the site numbers, accurate CC and ACC, site NACs.... etc

Asking in the multi state forum gets little to no info, as most of our users do not give a flip about it if it ain't talked about locally, so I take the risk of getting hit with flags for asking locally as the mods do not want the forums flooded with the same thing in multiple forums.... I am willing to take that hit because frankly it is 80% more likely to get results in local forums.

Last edited by a moderator:

INDY72

Exactly: Is the analog system online anywhere? If not, then please submit the data for the converted sites if not already in the DB.

I want to confirm the conversion is DONE so I can deprecate the analog one. The sites are pretty much the exact same for both, with a few new ones.. Just converted from Motorola SmartZone 4.X to ASTRO-25 7.X

wbswetnam

I tried loading the analog system listed for the Russellville tower into an analog Pro-94 scanner, but the scanner can't track it. So it must be digital now.

INDY72

Any sites you can confirm are digital, please submit the new Site #, Site NAC, CC, ACC to the P25 system.

jhsands

Feed Provider
Any sites you can confirm are digital, please submit the new Site #, Site NAC, CC, ACC to the P25 system.
All of the sites are P25 Phase 2. The contracting company was out of Mississippi and I had the pleasure of speaking to them in Magnolia.

They didn't turn on the three Phase 2 systems until the entire Entergy Arkansas was ready.

The Entergy linemen tell me the old system works better. That really doesn't make sense since they upgraded to new, digital equipment using the same antennas.

I believe in another forum it was stated that P25 Phase 2 had a 4.5 dBd advantage over analog in the 850 range. Something about an S curve went along with that.

Sent from my S7 using Tapatalk.

boy7777777777

I’ve been trying to update entergy towers with new information and I’ve noticed that multiple towers have the same license. Example. A tower in Mtn. View has the same license number as one in Marshall. Totally different frequencies though. Why is that?

INDY72

Entergy as well as others including AWIN have multi site licensing. Entergy is infamous for it. They have been known to put an entire region one a single license. AWIN does the same on some sites, as does LWIN, MSWIN.... When an agency or company sets up large wide area networks, often times they will do the multi site licenses. As I siad,.. Entergy is infamous for this, and for HUGE licenses of 30 freqs for a site, with say maybe only 10 or maybe up to 20 in use on the mega sites... TY for all your contributions, they are very helpful especially with the SIte NACs as we need these now more than ever with this technology being implemented in the SDS100, and maybe in the upcoming TRX100 and TRX200.

Last edited by a moderator:
Entery TG

As somewhat of an insider, I can tell you that they no longer use anything analog. I was told sometime back by a tech that phase 2 was not implemented yet, but cant verify that... my info is about 4 months old... I have a complete Ar talk group list, lets see if I can post it.

I think it is attached as a pdf.

Attachments

• ARTG.pdf
    412.3 KB · Views: 126

k5wc

Thanks Hillbillyrelaytech! I’ve been listening to this system ever since it changed over to phase 2. Now if we can ID TGID 1 and 189 someday.

INDY72

1 is ALWAYS OTAP or OTAR on Motorola ASTRO-25 systems. And being there is no E in use,.. Its they OTAP .

k5wc

Would over the air programming be only data? Strange enough each time I've noticed tgid 1 it has been odd conversations, usually in personal nature. .

INDY72

Usually on these larger ASTRO 25 systems 1 thru like 20 are reserved for special use like Dynamic Regroup, OTAP, OTAR, Motorola Techs, System Testing etc... They could be used for voice when not being used for data or such. Most of the Primary Use TGs are listed on that list, and none of the special use ones are noted. There could be some BS chatter going on since the low number TGs do not seem to be being used for any ops at all. And as there is not any encryption as of yet on the Entergy System (At least not on this list and there is no listing for the Nuclear, or other Power Generation Plants Security etc... which I can assure you is encrypted, and not using ADP...USDOE and USDHS don't fart around with security regulations. )

Status
Not open for further replies.