Arlington County FD and PD on PRO 94

Status
Not open for further replies.

alpca3877

Premium Subscriber
I was heavily into scanning in my high school days, 20 years ago. I dusted off my PRO 94 this weekend and have managed to program in the local aviation channels fine. However, the local Public Safety systems have obviously evolved tremendously since I last listened. I can't seem to find frequencies for Arlington Co Fire and Police. I've been listening to the live feeds, which are great. But I'd love to be able to get my scanner to pick them up. Is this even possible which such an old unit? Where can I find good frequency listings? I've obviously checked the database here with little luck. The old days of the Police Call books are apparently also long gone.

Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks a lot!

Andrew

TJMeredith

Premium Subscriber
Arlington, as well as all of NOVA, is on a trunked digital system. If you stick with Radio Shack products, you'll need the Pro 96 or the Pro 197 to hear them. You can find all the required info to program the necessary freqs and talk groups here on Radio Reference. By the way Arlington used to simulcast their fire dispatch on 154.13; however, they no longer do that, so you'll not be able to hear anything on the Pro 94. Tom M sends

beastieboy101

I was heavily into scanning in my high school days, 20 years ago. I dusted off my PRO 94 this weekend and have managed to program in the local aviation channels fine. However, the local Public Safety systems have obviously evolved tremendously since I last listened. I can't seem to find frequencies for Arlington Co Fire and Police. I've been listening to the live feeds, which are great. But I'd love to be able to get my scanner to pick them up. Is this even possible which such an old unit? Where can I find good frequency listings? I've obviously checked the database here with little luck. The old days of the Police Call books are apparently also long gone.

Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks a lot!

Andrew

Andrew,

Unfortunately the PRO 94 won't pick up much around the DC area because of the new Digital Systems.

However, it is still possible to listen to some action.

You can still listen to US Park PD, US Capitol PD, and local analog businesses.

If you want to get back to listening to Arlington PD&FD I would suggest getting a used scanner. The PRO-96 will work ok with the Arlington system. I personally have a PRO-96 & PSR-500 Digital Scanners and 3 PRO-2066's, a PRO-2052 & a PRO-2038 Analog Scanners. The PSR-500 is a step above the PRO-96 on the new Digital Systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.