Status
Not open for further replies.

fwfdengine2

Premium Subscriber
Hi,

Does anybody know what kind of scanner you would need to get to moniter the Minnesota ARMER system. Does it have to be digital? Any suggestions on witch scanner to get?

Also would the Uniden BC246T or the Uniden BC346XT work?

Thanks,
fwfdengine2

mdbrower

For Bearcat scanners BCD396T, BCD996T or BCD396XT or BCD996XT all will work to receive ARMER signals. All these radios cost around $500. The XT models are replacing the T models.

stcloudmn

I personally recommend the Uniden scanners. They seem to do a better job decoding the digital signals. I own a PRO-96 and it has a really hard time with it and I bought a PRO-106 and it still had some problems with it but not as bad so I returned it and bought a BCD396XT at it works great and I highly recommend it. I used to be a RadioShack guy but not anymore.

JT-112

I personally recommend the Uniden scanners. They seem to do a better job decoding the digital signals. I own a PRO-96 and it has a really hard time with it and I bought a PRO-106 and it still had some problems with it but not as bad so I returned it and bought a BCD396XT at it works great and I highly recommend it. I used to be a RadioShack guy but not anymore.

I'd say that this advice must be aimed at the most recent Uniden products as the GRE PSR-500 did a much much better job than the old Unidens did.

So, keep that in mind - an old Uniden digital model may wind up being disappointing.

commcheck

Your subject is "armer question", but you are asking about scanners. Is your question about the armer system or scanners? (just trying to decipher)

fwfdengine2

Premium Subscriber
My question was, "What scanners would be able to moniter the ARMER System?"

Sorry for any confusion,
fwfdengine2

Marcopolo456

Hi, Same basic question, but would a Radio Shack Pro-163 or Pro-164 do the trick?I live in South St Paul and apparently our Police and Fire are on the ARMER system. (As you can tell, I'm a newbie...) Thanks!

fwfdengine2

Premium Subscriber
Hi, Same basic question, but would a Radio Shack Pro-163 or Pro-164 do the trick?I live in South St Paul and apparently our Police and Fire are on the ARMER system. (As you can tell, I'm a newbie...) Thanks!

Both of these scanners have TrunkTracker 3. This type of trunking only covers Motorola Type 1, Motorola Type 2, Motorola Type 3 Hybrid, ECADS, ECADS SCAT, and LTR Systems. The ARMER system is a P25 Digital. You need a scanner with TrunkTracker 4, looking to be around $500.

If you like Uniden I would go with the BCD396XT for mobile, and the BCD996XT for a base.

fwfdengine2

Status
Not open for further replies.