ARMER Signal Hunting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I studied the ARMER MAP for the tower sites that's been posted elsewhere, but can't find any frequency's for my area.

We live between Worthington and Jackson Minnesota and was wondering does anybody have any info on Freqs for this area.?

The Maps show tower Sites all over the South-Western Minn local,? I'm using an 800 Mhz Commercial Grade 5 element Beam with a Low Noise Preamp for UHF path detection.

I think if there was something around this neck-of-the-woods, we would hear it??

Any Help sure would be appreciated. Anybody Trunking this system in the Worthington Area??

What a Beautiful Web-Site this is!! jimmy

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
They havent built out the system that way yet. Those sites on the map you see are just the proposed sites for when they do start building the system out that way. Right now ARMER is only in the metro, st cloud area and rochester area and a little activity in duluth.

Looks like there are several built towers in that area (Rushmore, Brewster, and Windom) but none are On Air yet. My map from September 2009 shows they are working on the Microwave Link, but nothing would be transmitting yet as wogggieee said.

jdm911

So, in some ways, consider yourself lucky in that things are still coming. It is fun to watch (listen) the system when it comes on the air in a new area. Things are still slow in Duluth but it has been interesting watching the system since early March. I have enjoyed using the control channel output on the 396xt as from day to day things seem to be added or changed.

Thanks for the Info!

Appreciate the fast response. I seen an article in the Worthington Newspaper about the
new ARMER System coming to town, but sounds like they don't know where the
money is going to come from, or even whether they even want it at all if there's no cash.

They might just stay old timey VHF out here in the wild west.

But still. we're close enough to the South Dakota Digital System to monitor all the
Action out in South Dakota.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.