Armer Unknown Talkgroup Discussion

stmills

Alright here come some more talkgroups needing help with..

and also found while scanning 800mhz 859.6875 with traffic on it.

11058 EMS HC CP1- HCMC community paramedics
2139 EMS HC Sub- HCMC EMS suburban Talkgroup- future dispatch use- 2130 was renamed EMS HC downtown when this was added.
2153 - Usedby Lifelink III - not certain on exact use

859.6875 is part of the Professional Wireless Communications 800 MHz LTR trunked system from a Minneapolis site.

MPSMP

Talkgroup 512 is very active today. Not finding it on RR. Seem to be law enforcement related

Talkgroup 10066. HCMC Security? maybe MSEC 3 or 4?

radioboy75

Premium Subscriber
Silly question. What is the correct term for this? In the past I have called it a "patch" but a patch is when one channel is fed into another (in this day and age, usually an old analog channel connected to the ARMER system.) But in this situation, a stateline county or counties have a special talkgroup to talk with a county or counties in the bordering state. The out-of-state county appears to have no other connection to ARMER than the exclusive talkgroup that's only used for interop with the MN county or counties. Is there a term for that or is it merely a "dedicated talkgroup" or something like that?

dwgelle

Well there are several ways they do this depending on the agencies involved and the event happening.

Typically a patch is as you stated. Connecting two or more talkgroups or analog channels together on the fly doing it at the dispatchers council which is a soft patch. But there are some that are hard patched with talkgroups and Analog which is connected all the time.

On scenario... car chases that can span miles and into other counties and such. They will patch the first agencies assigned talkgroup they are on, so they don't have to go changing their radio in a pursuit, to a regional type talkgroup such as one of the Law Tacs.

Just a quick answer. I hope this helped some.

Dan - KC0CAP

radioboy75

Premium Subscriber
Sounds good, but this is a little different. I don't know of any talkgroups or channels being patched together in this situation -- it's just a dedicated talkgroup for dispatch to talk to the out-of-state county's dispatch. Kind of like the old point-to-point or MIMS channel, but it's only one or two counties in Minnesota and one in the out-of-state county with access to the talkgroup. I guess that's my point. I've been calling it a "patch" but it's really not. Is there another word for this?

dwgelle

Well the old Mims 155.37 and State 155.475 are still up to provide interoperability for those that are not on ARMER. But its all variable on how the next door counties/cities/ agencies work together on how they want to have interop communications. Some places may just have a 800 portable in their squad and use that or its all done in dispatch with soft patching in the consoles or the hard patch. Like Fargo, I believe have both radio systems available to them. Not sure what Wisconsin is doing.

If you look at the top of the AMRER list on Radio Reference it lists all the VHF UHF and 800 interop freqs.

I hope I'm not confusing you.

radioboy75

Premium Subscriber
Nah, you're fine. Maybe I'm just thinking too hard. I wanted a name for the dedicated talkgroups with out-of-state dispatch centers, but maybe there isn't one. Thanks anyway.

radioboy75

Premium Subscriber
You mean like L-TAC1, for instance? Or the "CALL": TGs? Yeah I hear that all the time.

This is a little different though. The foreign states appear to only have their own dedicated TG available to talk to one or two counties in MN. I've never heard them on any others.

My thought too is that it would make sense for them to be able to talk on the "CALL" talkgroups, but I've never heard them there. For that matter I rarely hear them on their dedicated TGs.

They used to talk to each other all the time on 155.370, but in my area the MN counties all abandoned that fq. They haven't used it since ARMER went live, and they got used to using teletype or telephone to talk to out-of-state counties. So even though they have the option now, they rarely use it.

dwgelle

I think you're gonna have to find out somehow what they are doing to communicate. Land line still works well between dispatch centers.

Have you tried using the Wildcard talkgroup on your scanner to try to monitor everything during those times they may be on?

CALL talkgroups are meant for initial Hails to a PSAP for info and then they get their assigned talkgroup if needed.

MPSMP

I know some of these are listed under HC multi tac but wondering if anyone knows who maybe using them..

stmills

3502 US DEA
10013 Bloomington DPW
10093 Bloomington DPW
10112 Orono Public Schools
10650 Minnetonka DPW
11297 Wayzata Public Schools

MPSMP

Thank you. few more monitored the last couple of days..

listed EMSHC inactive. Traffic on it Monday between 4-5pm. Not sure if EMS or who the user was.

few others I will continue to monitor. More then likely public works or plows. Seem to fall under HC multi tacs.
I will post more later.

mattnelson26

Feed Provider
10674 is Minnetonka Alarm channel- used for panic alarms in the police station.
11304 Maple Grove DPW

thanks for the help. is there a way to get a list of talkgroups. i found some more that showed up on Hennepin East site today that arnt on here

thanks,
matt

stmills

3082 MPLS LG9
10568 Minnetonka City 6 but I believe this has been renamed with the switch to Hennepin 911
10650 Minnetonka DPW
3501 DEA.
I have some of these published on my blog page but I don’t know of any list available with all the Talkgroups, and with the latest edits being made to the RR database active Talkgroups have been deleted and more incorrect Talkgroup identification had taken place.