ARRL Sweepstakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

k9rzz

CW weekend is just finishing up. Anyone else operate?

I've been back on the air just a few weeks after a good 4 or 5 years off, so I did a lot of last minute antenna work.

My goal was a clean sweep. I've done it twice while guest operating from someone else's super station, but never from home ... and I did it!

Nebraska was the last section in the log and it was hard .... BIG pile up!

107qsos 83 sections

TS-430s, vertical antennas. Wire ground plane for 10/15/20 and a ground mounted vert for 40m (loads on 80)

What a blast. :)

K4EET

Chaplain
<snip> My goal was a clean sweep. I've done it twice while guest operating from someone else's super station, but never from home ... and I did it! <snip>

John,

Congrats on the Clean Sweep from your home QTH. What does your station comprise of? I've never made a Clean Sweep (yet) using a FLEX-6500 at 100 Watts into a multi-band trap (160 and 80 meters)/Fan (40 through 10 meters) dipole.

Also, I see that you are an Advanced licensee which makes a Clean Sweep even more prestigious because you don't have the benefit of the lower end of the CW bands where some of the rare sections tend to be. Added kudos on accomplishing the Clean Sweep without the full CW bandwidth! Way to go John!!!

73, Dave Hamm K4EET

K4EET

Chaplain
Never mind the station question. I now see it in your signature. (yes, I didn't carefully read your entire post...)

73, Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.