Arvada P25 / Site 2121 Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

dw2872

Patch TGs are assigned by the EDACS system automatically at the time of a patch and usually in numerical order so since this one was using TG-1796, the next patch on that system would use 1797.

On EDACS, Denver has been using TGs 1539-1551 and 1793-1806 in numerical order.

dw2872

On P25 the Denver patch TGs are 3 digits (so in the low hundreds) but I don't know what the exact series is. It was TG-135 on P-25 for that patch this morning.

Last edited:

tbiggums

Arvada PD and FD are having issues with the system tonight, so they've switched to the Denver Public Works EDACS system for now. The PD is using talkgroup 215 as their primary, but I think they can also use 216 through 219, and the FD is using TG 221 as their primary (but also heard dispatch on 220).

It looks like a lot of the Arvada radios are getting denied from the Arvada P25 site...

rfburns

New PD Sectors

A=Northeast. Lake Arbor community station. 8110 N Vance Dr.
B=Southeast. Ralston Rd Hq. 8101 Ralston Rd.
C=West. West Woods community station. 6644 W. Kendrick Dr.

$4 million for each new station.

rckydenver

Arvada Police Week

A=Northeast. Lake Arbor community station. 8110 N Vance Dr.
B=Southeast. Ralston Rd Hq. 8101 Ralston Rd.
C=West. West Woods community station. 6644 W. Kendrick Dr.

$4 million for each new station.

There having open house starting today at there substation at Lake Arbor, and the next couple of days at the others. I been driving by the Lake Arbor station and it really nice, right next door to Arvada Fire Station 5.

Arvada Police Week March 3-7: City and Community of Arvada

ArvadaFire

Feed Provider
Nobody scared us off. :) I got my questions answered elsewhere for our feed.

FYI Harris did a major update the other day to fix a problem we were having with the control channel rolling. Luckily it didn't cause another outage.

dw2872

Haha. Good to see you back after so long! Good to hear about the control channel fix.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Update: What's going on with Arvada Public Works TG's? So far I've not found any Arvada Public Works-related TG's, other than the 1 Streets channel (TG 38202). However, with the old EDACS system they had approx. 10 PW channels (and lately that system's been dead as a doornail, even mutual aid TG's appear to be gone). Have they suffered delays with upgrading all the Public Works vehicles/portables?

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
and lately that system's been dead as a doornail, even mutual aid TG's appear to be gone

I did a 24 hour logging session of the the EDACS system today and it appears that many of the NWF channels are no longer carried on the system unless it was a particularly slow day on those channels. However, there are oddly a little more than two dozen radios that affiliated with the system throughout the day with 10 voice grants.

2 from one radio for 862 (Green 1)
4 from two radios for 801 (Arvada FD Training 1)
2 from one radio for 529 (Westminster PD 1)
1 from one radio for 530 (Westminster PD 2) [same radio as the 529 grants]
1 from one radio for 370 (Arvada Street Maintenance)

As for Public Works, I'm in a terrible position for the Arvada P25 system, but I would assume that they might be one of the unknown talkgroups in the 38xxx range. They may not have been identified in the switchover due to factors of lack of interest or lack of activity for being public works. There's also a chance that Arvada Public Works underutilized their old talkgroups and were therefore given less of them on P25.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
As for Public Works, I'm in a terrible position for the Arvada P25 system, but I would assume that they might be one of the unknown talkgroups in the 38xxx range. They may not have been identified in the switchover due to factors of lack of interest or lack of activity for being public works. There's also a chance that Arvada Public Works underutilized their old talkgroups and were therefore given less of them on P25.

Okay, it looks Arvada Public Works has TG's in the 382xx range. So far I've logged the following "unknown" TG's on the the Arvada Site:

Other than 38070, the above TG's are probably all Public Works-related, which equals 4 PW TG's identified so far...

jfab

Is Arvada using Phase II? I'm not getting any signal what-so-ever from them on the Arvada site.

For that matter, is anyone else on MARC using phase II?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Is Arvada using Phase II? I'm not getting any signal what-so-ever from them on the Arvada site.

For that matter, is anyone else on MARC using phase II?

Thanks.

Phase II should not affect your reception of the control channel if that is what you're referring to for not getting any signal. There has been some talk of apparent work on the MARC system to finally turn the collection of random sites into an actual system, so it could be related to that if the site is offline. There's also the off chance that they introduced some new frequency to the Arvada site that is unlisted. Otherwise, the system is certainly Phase II capable and it really depends on whether or not Arvada purchased a full stock of Phase II capable radios that would push the system to Phase II mode. I'm not in position to help figure out what the exact case may be, so apologies if I'm not able to provide a definitive answer.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
As of 0940 this morning Arvada is working fine. It's quite possible they took it down for maintenance last night, however. In the last week "they" have been making changes to the MARC system, and Sites 101/202 have both been down in the last week at separate times. For the last several days sites 101 and 202 have not registered any adjacent sites in Pro96Com (in the past they've always been site neighbors). Their status shows "connected" (not site trunking mode) and they register affiliations and voice grants like normal.

Also Lakewood, Wheat Ridge & West Metro recently assigned new radio ID's to all their dispatch consoles (perhaps they got new consoles or associated hardware, I don't know). Also the Arvada site and sites 101/202 now use the same range of SAID patch TG's, namely 100-199. (Previously sites 101/202 used 3-99 and Arvada used 100-199). They could be making upgrades that will allow users of the Arvada site, sites 101, 202 and possibly 606 to dynamically roam between said sites.

Last edited:

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
On P25 the Denver patch TGs are 3 digits (so in the low hundreds) but I don't know what the exact series is. It was TG-135 on P-25 for that patch this morning.

It sounds like all the MARC sites now use the same range of SAID patch TG's, namely 100-199. Would it be workable (and/or acceptable to RR admins) to update the MARC RR layout with a separate section listing SAID patch TG's 100-199? My thought was to list them individually so they could be easily downloaded by database users. Unless you have a scanner that recognizes Harris P-25 patch data, you MUST have these TG's in your scanner...

Steve2003

It sounds like all the MARC sites now use the same range of SAID patch TG's, namely 100-199. Would it be workable (and/or acceptable to RR admins) to update the MARC RR layout with a separate section listing SAID patch TG's 100-199? My thought was to list them individually so they could be easily downloaded by database users. Unless you have a scanner that recognizes Harris P-25 patch data, you MUST have these TG's in your scanner...

I second this and can confirm that TGIDs 100-199 are SAID Patches.

squeen

rckydenver, I don't know whether I am following proper protocol but all I want is the frequencies for Arvada police dept. I can't find them anywhere!! Does anybody know where I can find them. They used to be on radio reference but then it went out. Don't understand much of this stuff. Thanks, Steve

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
rckydenver, I don't know whether I am following proper protocol but all I want is the frequencies for Arvada police dept. I can't find them anywhere!! Does anybody know where I can find them. They used to be on radio reference but then it went out. Don't understand much of this stuff. Thanks, Steve

Arvada has a new P-25 site on the Metro Area Radio Cooperative (MARC). Of course you will need a scanner that supports P-25...

Status
Not open for further replies.