Assigning QKs (436)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwier

In Sentinel (436 flavor), I created multiple FLs. I assigned QKs to the FLs sequentially starting with QK1. After reaching 16, I decided to assign 0 (zero) to the next FL. No problem, as I was able to turn these 17 FLs off/on with the QK system.

Now, my next FL (18th) was assigned the QK of 17. Every thing in Sentinel appeared the same as the previous 17 FLs. However, I am not able to get QK 17 to function as an on/off procedure.

As a test, I have re-assigned the QK numbers 18, 19 and 20 (three separate tests) to said 18th FL. Each time, the FL appears to have acquired the QK number, but they are non functional from the scanner controls in a normal manner (turning FLs on/off).

As a test, I then went back and changed the zero QK to 17. Now all FLs have QKs that are numbered in sequential order as created. Now, all QKs are fully functional from the keyboard. Zero is not being used to number a QK.

This would make it appear that QKs must be assigned in sequential order as the FLs were created? Probably something I'm missing, or maybe a quirk in Sentinel?

Last edited:

rwier

Rob for what ever reason my 436 I have 0-23 and do not see the problem you are having as I started with 0 and added.

A way to check if there is a flaw, simply assign QK1 to your NOW QK Zero, and assign QK Zero to your NOW QK1. I'm guessing that after such re-assigning, only QK Zero and QK1 will function properly, and the other 22 QKs will become inoperative.

rwier

A way to check if there is a flaw, simply assign QK1 to your NOW QK Zero, and assign QK Zero to your NOW QK1. I'm guessing that after such re-assigning, only QK Zero and QK1 will function properly, and the other 22 QKs will become inoperative.

I made the same test as above and could NOT duplicate the problem.

rwier

I'm definitely NOT able to duplicate the problem. Let's forget about it and end this silly thread!!!

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Noting this may be academic, I've got numerous Favorites Lists. I do not use sequential numbers. Some are in the single digits, some in the teens, thirties, seventies and eighties. No issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.