Assistance Needed in Roxboro Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

KK4UOC

I am in need of assistance to help determine which scanner to purchase for use in the Roxboro area and while travelling the state. I have done extensive reading on the subject of selecting a scanner but still have many questions. I Have been to the Roxboro Radio Shack many times but have been unsuccessful in catching them open.

If anyone would be interested in having this discussion, I would be greatly appreciative.

JDrisc3480

First welcome. There are a lot of people on here that could answer pretty much any question you have. Second, you are not going to have any luck with Radio Shack because unless I am mistaken, all their stores closed. Now there is a store called Hobby Town and in it there may be a mini version of Radio Shack. Granted this will not help you if there isn't one nearby.

reconrider8

Pretty much atm any phase 1 p25 scanner will work. I wouldnt worry so much about dmr or next edge or phase 2 unless it is somewhere specifically you plan to go that's running it

simmsrep

Premium Subscriber
The Radio Shack in Roxboro is still open. It's open Monday thru Friday 9 - 5:30. As reconrider8 stated a p25 phase 1 scanner is all you need. Roxboro city pd dispatch uses dmr on 155.535 but they are also on the Viper system. Whistler has some scratch and dent ws1040's for 140 bucks and a 90 day warrenty that would work great for Viper. See here=
WS1040 - Scratch & Dent

KK4UOC

I want to thank each of you very much for taking the time to respond. I use to understand scanners pretty well years back but unfortunately, I have to admit, the terminology and the multiple systems involved has left me totally dumbfounded on the subject. Likewise, the more I read the more confused I become.

I have been to the Radio Shack store several times and per a note on the door, he has been dealing with some type of on-going emergency and the store is closed every time I have stop by. Likewise, since I enjoy travelling with ham/monitoring gear, I will like to discuss with someone the various options for a variety of locations . My plan is to continue to try to catch the Radio Shack store open; however, if anyone near the Roxboro area would be interested in sitting down to discuss a little about the systems and what I need to get started, I will gladly meet at a location of your choice for lunch or coffee on me.

Thank you in advance for your consideration and thanks for the assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.