Assistance programming Butler County (09)

Ace9133uwu

|-/ Nothing kills man faster than his own head.
Premium Subscriber
I live in Wayne County Indiana, right across the border from Ohio, and quite close to Butler county. The closest simulcast tower to me on Butler Co’s system is located near Oxford- roughly 28 miles away. I pick up Preble & Darke counties no problem using my 396 & SDS100.
According to the RRDB/Butler Co. TRS the clostest site neighbor for Butler is in Preble; site 4-9 West Alexandria. I have every site neighbor for Darke, Preble & Butler programmed in and I still have no joy on Butler’s simulcast at home. Once I get into Southern Wayne and into Union couties I can pick ‘em up no problem. Any insight at all would be gratefully appreciated. Perhaps it’s an oversight by me, or I’m just not destined to receive ‘em from home.

DanKC8PAE

Premium Subscriber
I live in Wayne County Indiana, right across the border from Ohio, and quite close to Butler county. The closest simulcast tower to me on Butler Co’s system is located near Oxford- roughly 28 miles away. I pick up Preble & Darke counties no problem using my 396 & SDS100.
According to the RRDB/Butler Co. TRS the clostest site neighbor for Butler is in Preble; site 4-9 West Alexandria. I have every site neighbor for Darke, Preble & Butler programmed in and I still have no joy on Butler’s simulcast at home. Once I get into Southern Wayne and into Union couties I can pick ‘em up no problem. Any insight at all would be gratefully appreciated. Perhaps it’s an oversight by me, or I’m just not destined to receive ‘em from home.
You are probably just to far out when you are at home and I don't know if there is anything that you can do other than maybe putting up an outdoor antenna. I live in Butler County (Trenton) and travel over to Franklin, Union and Wayne Counties on a semi regular basis. I have two SDS 200's. One at home and one mounted in my truck. I also have an SDS 100 in my radio jump bag. I cant pick any Indiana counties from home. I have to be in Western / North Western Butler County to hear Franklin and Union Counties. I cant pick up Wayne County until I am at least into central or Northern Union or Preble Counties. Not to change the subject but because you live in Wayne County, do you know if there are any frequencies or talk groups the Reid Hospital EMS use?

Ace9133uwu

|-/ Nothing kills man faster than his own head.
Premium Subscriber
You are probably just to far out when you are at home and I don't know if there is anything that you can do other than maybe putting up an outdoor antenna.
Yeeeah, that’s what I’m thinking. Thank you for your input! Might be time to start looking for outdoor solutions…
do you know if there are any frequencies or talk groups the Reid Hospital EMS use?
Yes! TGID 12437. Wayne County FD dispatch. This is Reid EMS’s primary channel for Wayne County. Some smaller VFD’s use it itermittently. Reid EMS also has a few buses in Union County, dispatched on 154.7475.