• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Astro Spectra bandsplit problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

W5SGS

I got a astro spectra uhf p25 mobile. It decodes as a 437-482 mhz bandsplit. D04RKF9PW5ANSP01 Flashcode 1000010000007. It even shows this on the CPS. BUT it only will program 453-490MHZ witch is not a valid bandsplit for the astro spectra. Anyone ever had this issue before?

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
Have you tried aligning it? Another suggestion would be to pull the covers and actually check board numbers.

Secondly I'm going to point out it's a Special Purpose radio so it may have been built to order for a specific split.

W5SGS

Bandsplit problem

I do not have any of the equpment to preform an allignment on it anymore. I think it was just built that way.. Ill prolly try to hex edit it and see if i can get it working. It tx and rx fine on analog and p25

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
the SP01 is a special production If its a bunch of radios that came out of Southern California it was set up from Motorola because they use the high end of the UHF T band above 450 up to 490

N4KVE

I got a astro spectra uhf p25 mobile. It decodes as a 437-482 mhz bandsplit. D04RKF9PW5ANSP01 Flashcode 1000010000007. It even shows this on the CPS. BUT it only will program 453-490MHZ witch is not a valid bandsplit for the astro spectra. Anyone ever had this issue before?
This is called an "oxymoron". The most popular split was 450-482. However some special departments needed to go higher, so a special 453-490 split was made. But 438-470 was it's own separate split, made mostly as motorcycle radios. So there is no 437-482 split radio. It's either 438-470, 450-482, or 453-490. Open the radio, look at the modules, & then go to repeater builder.com to see what you really have.

Status
Not open for further replies.